Chris and Liam Hemsworth to Star Together in Steve McQueen Biopic
One of Hollywood's hottest siblings, Chris Hemsworth and Liam Hemsworth, might end up sharing screens together in one movie. According to The Film Stage, Chris is eyed to star in a Steve McQueen biopic called "Triumph AKA 40 Summers Ago", in which his little brother is attached to star.
It's unclear what role the Australian brother duo will tackle in the biopic about the late "Sand Pebbles" actor. The project still hasn't found its helmer, but Brandon and Philip Murphy are set to pen the script, which revolves around Steve McQueen's relationship with his stunt double Bud Elkins.
A rival McQueen biopic is also developed with Chris' "The Avengers" co-star, Jeremy Renner, taking the lead role. The untitled Steve McQueen Biopic has Ivan Zacharias serving as the director and James Gray penning the script.
"Triumph AKA 40 Summers Ago" won't likely be the only new upcoming project for Chris Hemworth. The "Thor" star, who's recently turned down the offer to star in "American Assassin", has been tapped to join Stephen Gaghan's high-end crime thriller project "Candy Store".
The project has attracted the interests of a number of A-listers, including Brad Pitt and Christoph Waltz. The likes of Denzel Washington, Jamie Foxx, Christian Bale, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon and Bradley Cooper are reportedly also circling the thriller.
"Candy Store" follows an elite, deep-cover operative who loses everything, ultimately disappearing into Brooklyn, where he must start again. He winds up as a beat up cop, only to discover the global organization he was dedicated to fighting is operating in his new backyard. No start date has been set for the project.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences