PETA Slams 'Breaking Dawn Part II' Organizers Over Caged Wolves at Premiere After-Party
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is not impressed by the presence of caged wolves at the after-party of "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II". "Didn't it dawn on the 'Twilight' event organizers that real wolves do not belong at a party with blaring music and flashing lights?" the organization criticizes it in a statement to E! News.
"The wolves were provided by Hollywood Animals, a notorious exhibitor that has been cited for numerous violations of the Animal Welfare Act for repeatedly failing to provide the animals it exploits with basic veterinary care and proper shelter, space, food, and water," PETA continues. "We hope the rest of the promotional events surrounding Breaking Dawn celebrates the brilliant work of the cast and crew and shows enough respect for wildlife to leave animals out of it."
The star-studded shindig itself was produced by Chad Hudson Events. In addition to having wolves in cage, it included props and costumes from the vampire movie series such as Bella's wedding dress and pickup truck, Edward's wedding tuxedo and Jacob's motorcycle. In one area, there were wood benches and an arch of flowers and greenery to re-create Bella and Edward's wedding.
Kristen Stewart traded her Zuhair Murad nude strapless gown she wore on the red carpet earlier in the evening with a white t-shirt, a Balenciaga black leather jacket and jeans, while Robert Pattinson ditched his suit for a leather jacket, red shirt, jeans and baseball cap. Other guests spotted at the gathering included Nikki Reed, Taylor Lautner and director Bill Condon.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake