Frank Marshall Hints New 'Star Wars' Is Already Close to Find Its Director
Turns out "Star Wars Episode 7" has gotten very, very close to find its director. While many people are busy speculating on who's going to helm the much-talked-about project, producer Frank Marshall reveals that the studio has already selected at least two names for the prestigious directing gig.
Speaking to MTV News, Marshall, whose wife Kathleen Kennedy serves as Lucasfilm's president, admits that he knows who will likely land the highly-coveted job. "I do," he claims, "But I can't reveal it, or I won't be alive tomorrow."
Marshall then teases that the hunt for the new "Star Wars" helmer has been narrowed to "a couple of candidates." He stresses, "But I don't know how soon that will be revealed," before adding that he's "really excited about this."
"I didn't grow up with it, but I was a big fan and have been since the series started," he continues. "I'll always remember seeing that big mother-ship go over the screen. I've never forgotten it. I can't wait to see what's next."
During the brief chat, Marshall also shares a little update on the long-gestating "Indiana Jones V". Noting that Disney/Lucasfilm won't do anything to speed up the production of the film, the producer tells fans to be patient. "I don't think it changes anything. It's still open," he says of the film's development.
"But it's really on the back burner and we're not really talking about it. 'Star Wars' is next, so that's what we're focusing on. 'Indy' is back there, but nothing has changed."
"Star Wars Episode 7" is projected to be released sometime in 2015. Some directors have previously been linked to it including Matthew Vaughn and Colin Trevorrow. While plot details are still kept secret, the only thing that's confirmed about the project is that Michael Ardnt will be the one who serves as the screenwriter.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences