Ariel Winter's Mom Was Control Freak on 'Modern Family' Set, Sister Says
Drama surrounding Ariel Winter's real-life family feud continues to get ugly on both sides as court transcripts from a previous hearing surface. According to Shanelle Gray who becomes Ariel's temporary guardian, their mother Chrisoula Workman was abusive on "Modern Family" set.
A lawyer for Shanelle told guardianship judge that Chris was "a terror on the set of 'Modern Family' and that the producer and others there have expressed grave concern." The crew of the TV series reportedly had to "sneak this child food because the mother deprives the child of food."
The attorney added, "The child [Ariel] is, apparently, struck repeatedly, slapped, hit, pushed, not so as to leave marks. Mother is smart enough not to do that." Chris was accused of sexualizing the 14-year-old star by making her to dress up in revealing clothes that showed off her assets.
In response, Chris warned the judge that Ariel was lying as saying, "She is an actress so I'm sure she can cry at the drop of a hat." Regarding her older daughter, she claimed Shanelle had no credibility because she ran off with a gang member years ago and ended up in a crack house.
The mother stood by her story that Ariel rebelled after she disapproved of Ariel's relationship with older boyfriend who's rumored to be actor Cameron Palatas. According to her, Ariel threatened to bring her down when she confronted the actress about her relationship with the 18-year-old boy.
Elsewhere, a source claiming to have worked on the TV series for a year told TMZ that Chris was so obsessed with Ariel's diet that she only allowed the teen to eat egg whites and raw veggies. The mother allegedly also threw constant criticisms toward her daughter's physical appearance.
More Ariel Winter News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences