'DWTS: All-Stars' Sends Home Kirstie Alley and Gilles Marini in Double Elimination
After a week without elimination, "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" bid farewell to two celebrities at a time on Tuesday, November 13's results show. Kirstie Alley, who was at the bottom of scoreboard with a total of 79 points, was the first to be sent packing.
Calling it an honor to be asked back to the show, the actress who opened the results show with her rendition of "Locomotion" said, "The second time around was very special to me... I learned more about dancing, believe it or not." He went on crediting her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy, "I wanted to thank Maks because he's so patient with me."
Getting the bad news later that night was Gilles Marini. His elimination was quite shocking since he was one of the best dancers in the competition and got rave reviews for his last two dances on Monday night. While the crowd seemingly disagreed with the result, the "Brothers & Sisters" alum still showed a positive attitude.
"In the end, it's just an incredible experience," he said. "I tried my very best. Peta [Murgatroyd, pro-dancer partner] was an angel out there... And I want to thank my wife. Without her, I'm really nothing."
In addition to Kirstie's musical performance, the audience was catered by Ne-Yo who sang his new song "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)".
Next week, Melissa Rycroft, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Monaco, Apolo Anton Ohno and Emmitt Smith will return to the ballroom with their respective partners. They will perform the dances picked by other contestants.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences