'DWTS: All-Stars' Sends Home Kirstie Alley and Gilles Marini in Double Elimination
After a week without elimination, "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" bid farewell to two celebrities at a time on Tuesday, November 13's results show. Kirstie Alley, who was at the bottom of scoreboard with a total of 79 points, was the first to be sent packing.
Calling it an honor to be asked back to the show, the actress who opened the results show with her rendition of "Locomotion" said, "The second time around was very special to me... I learned more about dancing, believe it or not." He went on crediting her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy, "I wanted to thank Maks because he's so patient with me."
Getting the bad news later that night was Gilles Marini. His elimination was quite shocking since he was one of the best dancers in the competition and got rave reviews for his last two dances on Monday night. While the crowd seemingly disagreed with the result, the "Brothers & Sisters" alum still showed a positive attitude.
"In the end, it's just an incredible experience," he said. "I tried my very best. Peta [Murgatroyd, pro-dancer partner] was an angel out there... And I want to thank my wife. Without her, I'm really nothing."
In addition to Kirstie's musical performance, the audience was catered by Ne-Yo who sang his new song "Let Me Love You (Until You Learn to Love Yourself)".
Next week, Melissa Rycroft, Shawn Johnson, Kelly Monaco, Apolo Anton Ohno and Emmitt Smith will return to the ballroom with their respective partners. They will perform the dances picked by other contestants.
More Dancing with the Stars News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris