Blink-182 Say New EP Has 'Very Folky' Direction
Blink-182 are working on some new material, which is promised to top the band's 2011 album, "Neighborhoods". The EP, which band members Travis Barker, Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus recorded in Los Angeles, is set to be released by Christmas and will showcase a different musical direction that the group has been experimenting on.
"To me already, this EP is a hundred times better than Neighborhoods because we're all in a room together," drummer Travis Barker explained during an interview with Rolling Stone. "It was like, 'You do this part in your studio, and then you're gonna play on it and send it back to me.' When we're not in the studio together, you don't have the opportunity to gel off each other," he added. Blink recorded nearly the entire "Neighborhoods" album remotely, corresponding through e-mails and sending the tracks via the Internet.
Barker, who had a terrible plane crash back in 2008 and now has fear of flying, says that Blink are fully charged and ready to hit the studios for more new music for their fans. They have written five fresh tunes so far which the drummer described as "really, really cool". He also referred to one song as being "very folky".
"I don't even know," Barker said further with a laugh. "It's way out. We all had some ideas. I went in the studio and I was just playing around. I had my electronic kit and I just played a straight drum pattern over it, and it sounded crazy. It changed the entire shape of the song."
Blink-182 will hold tour in Australia early next year and then promise to hit the studios immediately after to record their next full-length album and hopefully release it near the end of 2013.
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Tops Box Office, 'Wonder Woman' Sets New Record
- A$AP Rocky Involved in a Fight During Kendrick Lamar's Set at Pre-BET Awards Party
- Netflix Cancels 'Girlboss' After One Season
- BET Awards 2017: Leslie Jones Mocks Amber Rose's 'Bush' Pic, Pokes Fun at Young Rappers' Names
- BET Awards 2017: Jada Pinkett Smith and Cardi B Ditch Bras, Blac Chyna Flashes Butt on Red Carpet
- Lorde Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Melodrama'
- New 'Marvel's Inhumans' Poster Reveals First Look at Attilan
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Denies Cheating Rumors