Blink-182 Say New EP Has 'Very Folky' Direction
Blink-182 are working on some new material, which is promised to top the band's 2011 album, "Neighborhoods". The EP, which band members Travis Barker, Tom DeLonge and Mark Hoppus recorded in Los Angeles, is set to be released by Christmas and will showcase a different musical direction that the group has been experimenting on.
"To me already, this EP is a hundred times better than Neighborhoods because we're all in a room together," drummer Travis Barker explained during an interview with Rolling Stone. "It was like, 'You do this part in your studio, and then you're gonna play on it and send it back to me.' When we're not in the studio together, you don't have the opportunity to gel off each other," he added. Blink recorded nearly the entire "Neighborhoods" album remotely, corresponding through e-mails and sending the tracks via the Internet.
Barker, who had a terrible plane crash back in 2008 and now has fear of flying, says that Blink are fully charged and ready to hit the studios for more new music for their fans. They have written five fresh tunes so far which the drummer described as "really, really cool". He also referred to one song as being "very folky".
"I don't even know," Barker said further with a laugh. "It's way out. We all had some ideas. I went in the studio and I was just playing around. I had my electronic kit and I just played a straight drum pattern over it, and it sounded crazy. It changed the entire shape of the song."
Blink-182 will hold tour in Australia early next year and then promise to hit the studios immediately after to record their next full-length album and hopefully release it near the end of 2013.
More Blink-182 News
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Single 'Kiss the Sky' Off His 'Platinum Hits' Album
- Hayes Grier Shares Photo From Hospital, Assures Fans He's 'Good' After Dirt Bike Crash
- Constance Wu Slams 'Great Wall' for Whitewashing: Our Heroes Don't Look Like Matt Damon
- Zachary Quinto Addresses Engagement Speculations and Wedding Plans to Miles McMillan
- Justin Bieber Teases 'Cold Water' Video as the Major Lazer Collab Hits No. 1 on U.K. Chart
- See Tyler Hoechlin's Superman in Action in 'Supergirl' Set Videos
- Did Tyler Posey Just Come Out as Gay on Snapchat?
- Fans Defend Malia Obama Amidst Backlash for Attending Lollapalooza Instead of DNC