One Direction Set Up 3D Movie for August 2013
British pop phenomenon One Direction are heading to the big screen. The famous teen-idol quintet announced the exciting news when appearing on "Today" show in New York this Tuesday, November 13. "We are going to do our first-ever movie and it's going to be in 3D and it's coming to cinemas near you on the 30th of August, 2013," said band member Niall Horan.
The untitled One Direction 3D movie is developed at Sony Pictures and will highlight the behind-the-scene moments of Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. It will be based on their story behind the hit single "What Makes You Beautiful".
The music movie reportedly will be a blend of concert footage and pieces of the boys' stories that will give chances to fans to see glimpses of their idols' real life. Tapped to serve behind the lens is Morgan Spurlock, who has worked for such documentaries as "Super Size Me" and "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold".
Spurlock will also produce the film alongside Simon Cowell, who discovered 1D during the U.K. version of "The X Factor" back in 2010. Confirming that he's nabbed the directing gig of the project, Spurlock tweeted, "Big News of the Day: will be making #1D3DMovie with @Harry_Styles @NiallOfficial @zaynmalik @Louis_Tomlinson & @Real_Liam_Payne."
Cowell also made his own statement regarding the project, "I'm delighted we're making this film and Morgan is the perfect person to give that access-all-areas, behind-the-scenes look into what it's like to be One Direction today. What the band have achieved is incredible, they and their fans have made history around the world - this is for them."
One Direction performed on "Today" to celebrate the release of their new album "Take Me Home", and they made the largest crowd ever for the morning show. They will soon hit the road for a world tour in 2013, which will kick off in London's O2 Arena in February.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen