The Rolling Stones to Play at Barclays Center for 50th Anniversary Tour
British rock heroes The Rolling Stones have added a fifth date for their 50th anniversary tour, "50 and Counting...The Rolling Stones Live". The band chose Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, New York as the venue of their Saturday, December 8 concert.
Announcements about the veteran quartet's 50th anniversary shows were made last month and tickets for their London and New Jersey show dates have already sold out. The group will kick off the tour with two shows at London's O2 Arena on November 25 and 29. Two more dates were confirmed at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey on December 13 and 15.
A report from The New York Times said that the band originally hoped to play at Madison Square Garden, but problems and conflicts with schedules and renovations forced production to look for an alternative venue. After long negotiations with Barclay's Center executives, the rock group finally got an open date in December.
Criticisms and complaints about the tour's high cost of tickets have also been going around online. The most inexpensive seats start at GBP 95 ($150) and VIP tickets sell for GBP 950 ($1,508) for the London shows. When tickets for the first four dates sold out, some sellers went to the secondary ticket market and started resale of the concert tickets for as much as GBP 12,500 ($19,846).
Frontman Mick Jagger quickly defended the situation during an interview with Billboard and said, "Well, it's a very expensive show to put on, just to do four shows, because normally you do a hundred shows and you'd have the same expenses." The band also stressed that the Rolling Stones did not profit from any resold and auctioned tickets online.
Tickets for the New York show date will start selling on Monday, November 19.
More The Rolling Stones News
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana