Liza Minnelli to Guest Star and Sing on 'Smash'
"Smash" nabs another real-life Broadway star for its second season. Liza Minnelli has been booked to appear in an episode titled "The Surprise Party" which is slated to air in spring 2013. The Sally Bowles of "Cabaret" film will play herself and sing an original song with show's regular Christian Borle.
"Liza Minnelli is the essence of a multi-talented, singular show business sensation, particularly for her extraordinary contributions to Broadway," Robert Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment, praises the Hollywood vet when announcing her casting.
"So what could be more fitting than to have her legendary talent on a show that celebrates a world Liza has dazzled for decades? I had the pleasure of working with Liza when we restored her landmark television special 'Liza With a Z' at Showtime, and to see her artistry up close and personal is a thing to behold."
"Smash" will kick off its second season on Tuesday, February 5 at 9 P.M. ET before airing in its regular slot starting Tuesday, February 12 at 10 P.M. ET. The musical drama series has previously tapped Jennifer Hudson, Jesse L. Martin and Sean Hayes to guest star in the sophomore installment.
Tony Award-winning actress Minnelli has guest starred on such TV shows as "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and "Drop Dead Diva". The 66-year-old, who has also bagged an Oscar, an Emmy Award and two Golden Globes during her career, is expected to reprise her role as Lucille Austero in the revived comedy "Arrested Development".
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake