Liza Minnelli to Guest Star and Sing on 'Smash'
"Smash" nabs another real-life Broadway star for its second season. Liza Minnelli has been booked to appear in an episode titled "The Surprise Party" which is slated to air in spring 2013. The Sally Bowles of "Cabaret" film will play herself and sing an original song with show's regular Christian Borle.
"Liza Minnelli is the essence of a multi-talented, singular show business sensation, particularly for her extraordinary contributions to Broadway," Robert Greenblatt, Chairman of NBC Entertainment, praises the Hollywood vet when announcing her casting.
"So what could be more fitting than to have her legendary talent on a show that celebrates a world Liza has dazzled for decades? I had the pleasure of working with Liza when we restored her landmark television special 'Liza With a Z' at Showtime, and to see her artistry up close and personal is a thing to behold."
"Smash" will kick off its second season on Tuesday, February 5 at 9 P.M. ET before airing in its regular slot starting Tuesday, February 12 at 10 P.M. ET. The musical drama series has previously tapped Jennifer Hudson, Jesse L. Martin and Sean Hayes to guest star in the sophomore installment.
Tony Award-winning actress Minnelli has guest starred on such TV shows as "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" and "Drop Dead Diva". The 66-year-old, who has also bagged an Oscar, an Emmy Award and two Golden Globes during her career, is expected to reprise her role as Lucille Austero in the revived comedy "Arrested Development".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says