INXS Call It Quits After 35 Years
Internationally acclaimed rock group INXS have split after 35 years of touring and making great music together. The band members confirmed the break up in an official statement released on Tuesday, November 12 and thanked their fans all over the world and honored late frontman Michael Hutchence.
INXS members Andrew, Tim and Jon Farriss, Garry Beers and Kirk Pengilly stated that it's about time for their group to call it quits after a fruitful 35-year career. "We understand that this must come as a blow to everybody, but all things must eventually come to an end. We have been performing as a band for 35 years, it's time to step away from the touring arena. Our music will of course live on and we will always be a part of that," the group explained.
INXS was originally formed in Perth, Australia in 1977 and became a huge international success in the late 1980s and through the early 1990s with such acclaimed albums like 1985's "Listen Like Thieves" and 1987's "Kick". Their hit singles include such rock classics as "Devil Inside", "Never Tear Us Apart", "Suicide Blonde", "New Sensation" and "Need You Tonight."
After the unexpected death of Michael Hutchence in 1997 due to suicide, the band enlisted Jon Stevens to take on the role as lead vocalist. He was then replaced by frontman J.D. Fortune who won the reality TV search show "Rock Star: INXS" and finally by Ciaran Gribbin in September 2011.
The band's break up comes as a shock for its loyal fans especially since keyboardist and founder member Andrew Farriss had talked to Billboard last month about INXS working on some new material.
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident