Judd Apatow Hints at 'Girls' Season 3 Renewal
"Girls" hasn't premiered its second season yet, but HBO has possibly given a greenlight for a third installment of the critically acclaimed series. It's executive producer Judd Apatow who lets the cat ouf of the bag as saying, "We're about to shoot the third season of 'Girls'," during an interview for The DP/30 Channel to promote his upcoming movie "This Is 40".
Apatow doesn't share further details of the potential third season, but Deadline reports that HBO has been working on to bring back executive producer Jenni Konner for another season of the new hit comedy. Once Konner's deal is sealed, the show will move on to lock the writing staff in anticipation of the third season.
In a statement released after Apatow hints at the impending season 3, HBO neither denies nor confirms the early pickup. "We're looking forward to the launch of season two and hope to have good news shortly thereafter," a representative for the cable channel says.
HBO ordered a second season of "Girls" in April, when the show was in the middle of airing its inaugural season. Production for the second chapter wrapped up in September and the Lena Dunham-starring series will return Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 9 P.M.
More Girls News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard