Judd Apatow Hints at 'Girls' Season 3 Renewal
"Girls" hasn't premiered its second season yet, but HBO has possibly given a greenlight for a third installment of the critically acclaimed series. It's executive producer Judd Apatow who lets the cat ouf of the bag as saying, "We're about to shoot the third season of 'Girls'," during an interview for The DP/30 Channel to promote his upcoming movie "This Is 40".
Apatow doesn't share further details of the potential third season, but Deadline reports that HBO has been working on to bring back executive producer Jenni Konner for another season of the new hit comedy. Once Konner's deal is sealed, the show will move on to lock the writing staff in anticipation of the third season.
In a statement released after Apatow hints at the impending season 3, HBO neither denies nor confirms the early pickup. "We're looking forward to the launch of season two and hope to have good news shortly thereafter," a representative for the cable channel says.
HBO ordered a second season of "Girls" in April, when the show was in the middle of airing its inaugural season. Production for the second chapter wrapped up in September and the Lena Dunham-starring series will return Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 9 P.M.
More Girls News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville