Judd Apatow Hints at 'Girls' Season 3 Renewal
"Girls" hasn't premiered its second season yet, but HBO has possibly given a greenlight for a third installment of the critically acclaimed series. It's executive producer Judd Apatow who lets the cat ouf of the bag as saying, "We're about to shoot the third season of 'Girls'," during an interview for The DP/30 Channel to promote his upcoming movie "This Is 40".
Apatow doesn't share further details of the potential third season, but Deadline reports that HBO has been working on to bring back executive producer Jenni Konner for another season of the new hit comedy. Once Konner's deal is sealed, the show will move on to lock the writing staff in anticipation of the third season.
In a statement released after Apatow hints at the impending season 3, HBO neither denies nor confirms the early pickup. "We're looking forward to the launch of season two and hope to have good news shortly thereafter," a representative for the cable channel says.
HBO ordered a second season of "Girls" in April, when the show was in the middle of airing its inaugural season. Production for the second chapter wrapped up in September and the Lena Dunham-starring series will return Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 9 P.M.
More Girls News
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake
- This Picture of Princess Charlotte Snuggling a Bunny at Playdate in Canada Is Just Too Cute
- Here's What Tim Burton Says About Lack of Diversity in 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children'
- Here's What Happens to Kylie Jenner's Number That Rob Kardashian Leaked on Twitter
- First Look at Justice Society of America in 'DC's Legends of Tomorrow' Season 2 Photos
- Tom Cruise Beats the Bad Guys to Death in 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' IMAX Trailer
- The Weeknd Releases New Single 'False Alarm'
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer