Judd Apatow Hints at 'Girls' Season 3 Renewal
"Girls" hasn't premiered its second season yet, but HBO has possibly given a greenlight for a third installment of the critically acclaimed series. It's executive producer Judd Apatow who lets the cat ouf of the bag as saying, "We're about to shoot the third season of 'Girls'," during an interview for The DP/30 Channel to promote his upcoming movie "This Is 40".
Apatow doesn't share further details of the potential third season, but Deadline reports that HBO has been working on to bring back executive producer Jenni Konner for another season of the new hit comedy. Once Konner's deal is sealed, the show will move on to lock the writing staff in anticipation of the third season.
In a statement released after Apatow hints at the impending season 3, HBO neither denies nor confirms the early pickup. "We're looking forward to the launch of season two and hope to have good news shortly thereafter," a representative for the cable channel says.
HBO ordered a second season of "Girls" in April, when the show was in the middle of airing its inaugural season. Production for the second chapter wrapped up in September and the Lena Dunham-starring series will return Sunday, January 13, 2013 at 9 P.M.
More Girls News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival