Selena Gomez Tears Up at 'Women of the Year' Event Amid Justin Bieber Breakup News
Selena Gomez struggled to hold back tears when delivering her speech after accepting Independent Spirit award at 2012 Glamour "Women of the Year" event on November 12. Her emotional speech came hot on heels of news that she broke up with Justin Bieber after nearly two years of dating.
"I am so honored to be in a room full of women that I can only aspire to be as good as they are one day," the young star told the crowd. "I just want to share to all the girls out there that you have a voice, you have a chance to do what you love, whether that is acting or singing. And just being true to who you are."
Earlier in the evening, Gomez was all smiles as she stepped out solo and posed for photographers on the red carpet outside Carnegie Hall in New York City. The 20-year-old actress, who was celebrated for her accomplishment in TV, movie & music and her involvement in charity works, looked sassy in a white lacy dress with a deep V-neck and matching pumps.
Since her split from Bieber, Gomez has kept herself busy with the launch of her clothing line, Dream Out Loud. She has been on the receiving end of support from her friends and co-stars as well. Her "Wizards of Waverly Place" co-star Jennifer Stone tweeted, "That's why you don't rob the cradle, because babe's be trippin'."
Actor David DeLuise, who plays her on-screen father, additionally wrote to the Alex Russo depicter, "All woman should be treated with respect! Listen up boy @selenagomez." He continued in another tweet, "@selenagomez See how much fun we have! Thinking about u. Have a great weekend and remember what I told :)."
As for Bieber, he's concentrating on his ongoing tour. Due to his hectic schedule, he was unable to attend MTV Europe Music Awards over the weekend where he was one of the big winners. "Regardless of what happens i see all of the tweets and all the love you guys are sending me. thank u. love u too #SUNDAYFUNDAY #MTVEMAs," he tweeted.
He also showed off his great spirit by flaunting his abs in a new Instagram picture.
More Selena Gomez News
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set