Darth Vader Reportedly Will Be Resurrected in New 'Star Wars' Trilogy
Will Darth Vader be resurrected in the upcoming "Star Wars Episode 7"? The most recent rumor surrounding the much-talked-about movie project suggests that the space villain will likely take part in the new trilogy despite the fact that he was dead in "Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi".
The report came from Express UK, which claims to have heard the info from some "industry insiders." The site notes that Walt Disney/Lucasfilm plans to bring back the iconic villain because "he's an integral part of the franchise." A source says, "Replacing him is virtually impossible. The plan is for him to return and play a significant role in the new films."
Darth Vader was dead at the end of "Return of the Jedi", where he sacrificed himself to save his son Luke Skywalker. That fact, however, doesn't stop the studio from bringing Vader back to the big screen. "This is science fiction remember," reveals the source. "Darth Vader will rise from the ashes."
The character has become one of the most iconic fictional figures ever. He was listed by The American Film Institute as the third greatest movie villain in cinema history on "100 Years... 100 Heroes and Villains". Originally, Vader was a Jedi Knight named Anakin Skywalker who fell into the darkness. After turning to the Dark Side, he became a ruthless henchman of Emperor Palpatine.
The masked character was portrayed by different actors previously. They included David Prowse who played Vader in the original trilogy. In the prequels, the character was portrayed by Hayden Christensen.
Scheduled to open in the U.S. cinemas sometime in 2015, "Star Wars Episode 7" has already tapped Oscar winner Michael Ardnt as its screenwriter. The project is still looking for a right director. While the plot details of the film are still kept secret, Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher have all expressed their interests to return as Luke, Han Solo and Princess Leia respectively.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences