Derek Hough Gives Update on His Neck Injury, May Get Surgery After 'DWTS'
Derek Hough, who was forced to take a break from last week's episode of "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" due to neck injury, gives update on his health condition. He says on his website that he will get under the knife once he has time off, which may happen after the current season of the dancing competition ends.
Feeling better after the much-needed break, he vows to finish "DWTS" this season with his partner Shawn Johnson. "I've had a neck injury for quite a while and it's been plaguing me for some time. Eventually, when I have time off I'll have to get surgery but until then Im gonna push on and dance through the pain and discomfort," he says.
"But I still have to be cautious because it only takes one small wrong move for me to be back in agony," he notes, before concluding, "I also want to thank you all for your support and encouraging words throughout my healing process. I'm excited to get back on stage tonight and rock it out with Shawn. Remember to vote for #TeamShawnough!"
Last week when Derek couldn't perform, Shawn did her routine with Mark Ballas, who partnered Bristol Palin at the beginning of the dancing competition but was eliminated a few weeks ago.
More Derek Hough News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media