Derek Hough Gives Update on His Neck Injury, May Get Surgery After 'DWTS'
Derek Hough, who was forced to take a break from last week's episode of "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars" due to neck injury, gives update on his health condition. He says on his website that he will get under the knife once he has time off, which may happen after the current season of the dancing competition ends.
Feeling better after the much-needed break, he vows to finish "DWTS" this season with his partner Shawn Johnson. "I've had a neck injury for quite a while and it's been plaguing me for some time. Eventually, when I have time off I'll have to get surgery but until then Im gonna push on and dance through the pain and discomfort," he says.
"But I still have to be cautious because it only takes one small wrong move for me to be back in agony," he notes, before concluding, "I also want to thank you all for your support and encouraging words throughout my healing process. I'm excited to get back on stage tonight and rock it out with Shawn. Remember to vote for #TeamShawnough!"
Last week when Derek couldn't perform, Shawn did her routine with Mark Ballas, who partnered Bristol Palin at the beginning of the dancing competition but was eliminated a few weeks ago.
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Ellen DeGeneres Breaks Record With 20th Win
- Fergie and Josh Duhamel Are Trying for Baby No. 2
- Khloe Kardashian Is 'Thrilled' She's Expecting First Child With Tristan Thompson
- Sony's Animated 'Spider-Man' Movie Will Feature Miles Morales as the Lead
- People's Choice Awards 2017: J.Lo, Blake Lively, Kristen Bell Stun on Red Carpet
- Grammy Awards 2017: John Legend, Metallica Among First Performers Announced
- Is Charlize Theron's Adopted Son Becoming a Girl? He Wears Box Braids and Pink Outfit
- Ciara and Ex-Fiance Future Reach Custody Agreement Over Son Future Jr.