Leonardo DiCaprio Raised Money at His Birthday Party
Newly-single Leonardo DiCaprio was surrounded by close friends and celebrities at his 38th birthday bash. The actor made his happy day an occasion to raise money for charities supported by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation including the American Red Cross.
The Saturday, November 10 party was held at The Darby and attended by Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z, Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, and Margot Robbie among others. The latest name is the Australian beauty who has been linked to the actor since his split from supermodel Erin Heatherton.
Other A-listers spotted at the bash were Mark Ruffalo, Edward Norton, Jamie Foxx, Emma Watson, Swizz Beatz, Chris Rock, Busta Rhymes, Kevin Connolly, Russell Simmons, Miranda Kerr, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Carla Gugino, Ethan Suplee and Lukas Haas. They donated money by paying more for every bottle they bought, New York Post reported.
Live entertainment was provided by Gary Clark Jr., Django Reinhardt and Eric Lewis. Guests were served with a meal of branzino with truffled crust, yellowtail sashimi, spinach truffle pizza appetizer and steak filet with truffles. The party lasted until 5 A.M. when DiCaprio left the venue for the Avenue.
At the end of the night $500,000 donation was made to the American Red Cross while the additional money were distributed among other charities.
Earlier that day, DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz co-hosted a TAG Hauer event at the American Museum of Natural History. They raised money for the New York Cares Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'