Leonardo DiCaprio Raised Money at His Birthday Party
Newly-single Leonardo DiCaprio was surrounded by close friends and celebrities at his 38th birthday bash. The actor made his happy day an occasion to raise money for charities supported by the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation including the American Red Cross.
The Saturday, November 10 party was held at The Darby and attended by Beyonce Knowles, Jay-Z, Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, and Margot Robbie among others. The latest name is the Australian beauty who has been linked to the actor since his split from supermodel Erin Heatherton.
Other A-listers spotted at the bash were Mark Ruffalo, Edward Norton, Jamie Foxx, Emma Watson, Swizz Beatz, Chris Rock, Busta Rhymes, Kevin Connolly, Russell Simmons, Miranda Kerr, Emmanuelle Chriqui, Carla Gugino, Ethan Suplee and Lukas Haas. They donated money by paying more for every bottle they bought, New York Post reported.
Live entertainment was provided by Gary Clark Jr., Django Reinhardt and Eric Lewis. Guests were served with a meal of branzino with truffled crust, yellowtail sashimi, spinach truffle pizza appetizer and steak filet with truffles. The party lasted until 5 A.M. when DiCaprio left the venue for the Avenue.
At the end of the night $500,000 donation was made to the American Red Cross while the additional money were distributed among other charities.
Earlier that day, DiCaprio and Cameron Diaz co-hosted a TAG Hauer event at the American Museum of Natural History. They raised money for the New York Cares Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund.
More Leonardo DiCaprio News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama