Swizz Beatz Hit With New Tax Problems
Swizz Beatz is the latest celebrity hit with tax problems. The music producer owes the state of New York $98,246.18 in unpaid taxes for the year 2010. He also has federal tax liens filed against him which amounts to a staggering $2.6 million.
This is not the first time Beatz's name popped up in the tax problem headline. In June 2010, he was slapped with an IRS lien of $652,727 for unpaid 2008 income tax. "We have been discussing the issue with the government for years and are currently negotiating an amicable resolution of the dispute," a lawyer for Beatz said back then.
Meanwhile in early 2011, he was reported owing over $2 million to the government. In fact, Page Six noted that he and ex-wife Mashonda have liens filed against them in New York, Georgia and California.
Nevertheless, Beatz is one of the hottest music producers out there. The husband of singer Alicia Keys ranked number 16 on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings Top 20 list last September with $7 million income.
Beatz is preparing for the release of The Lox's first album in twelve years with DJ Khaled. "It's not all the way in stone yet because Khaled's super busy. I'm super busy. The Lox are super busy, but it's a main goal for us to really make that happen," Swizz told RapFix Live.
More Swizz Beatz News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7