Swizz Beatz Hit With New Tax Problems
Swizz Beatz is the latest celebrity hit with tax problems. The music producer owes the state of New York $98,246.18 in unpaid taxes for the year 2010. He also has federal tax liens filed against him which amounts to a staggering $2.6 million.
This is not the first time Beatz's name popped up in the tax problem headline. In June 2010, he was slapped with an IRS lien of $652,727 for unpaid 2008 income tax. "We have been discussing the issue with the government for years and are currently negotiating an amicable resolution of the dispute," a lawyer for Beatz said back then.
Meanwhile in early 2011, he was reported owing over $2 million to the government. In fact, Page Six noted that he and ex-wife Mashonda have liens filed against them in New York, Georgia and California.
Nevertheless, Beatz is one of the hottest music producers out there. The husband of singer Alicia Keys ranked number 16 on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings Top 20 list last September with $7 million income.
Beatz is preparing for the release of The Lox's first album in twelve years with DJ Khaled. "It's not all the way in stone yet because Khaled's super busy. I'm super busy. The Lox are super busy, but it's a main goal for us to really make that happen," Swizz told RapFix Live.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group