Swizz Beatz Hit With New Tax Problems
Swizz Beatz is the latest celebrity hit with tax problems. The music producer owes the state of New York $98,246.18 in unpaid taxes for the year 2010. He also has federal tax liens filed against him which amounts to a staggering $2.6 million.
This is not the first time Beatz's name popped up in the tax problem headline. In June 2010, he was slapped with an IRS lien of $652,727 for unpaid 2008 income tax. "We have been discussing the issue with the government for years and are currently negotiating an amicable resolution of the dispute," a lawyer for Beatz said back then.
Meanwhile in early 2011, he was reported owing over $2 million to the government. In fact, Page Six noted that he and ex-wife Mashonda have liens filed against them in New York, Georgia and California.
Nevertheless, Beatz is one of the hottest music producers out there. The husband of singer Alicia Keys ranked number 16 on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings Top 20 list last September with $7 million income.
Beatz is preparing for the release of The Lox's first album in twelve years with DJ Khaled. "It's not all the way in stone yet because Khaled's super busy. I'm super busy. The Lox are super busy, but it's a main goal for us to really make that happen," Swizz told RapFix Live.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'