Swizz Beatz Hit With New Tax Problems
Swizz Beatz is the latest celebrity hit with tax problems. The music producer owes the state of New York $98,246.18 in unpaid taxes for the year 2010. He also has federal tax liens filed against him which amounts to a staggering $2.6 million.
This is not the first time Beatz's name popped up in the tax problem headline. In June 2010, he was slapped with an IRS lien of $652,727 for unpaid 2008 income tax. "We have been discussing the issue with the government for years and are currently negotiating an amicable resolution of the dispute," a lawyer for Beatz said back then.
Meanwhile in early 2011, he was reported owing over $2 million to the government. In fact, Page Six noted that he and ex-wife Mashonda have liens filed against them in New York, Georgia and California.
Nevertheless, Beatz is one of the hottest music producers out there. The husband of singer Alicia Keys ranked number 16 on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings Top 20 list last September with $7 million income.
Beatz is preparing for the release of The Lox's first album in twelve years with DJ Khaled. "It's not all the way in stone yet because Khaled's super busy. I'm super busy. The Lox are super busy, but it's a main goal for us to really make that happen," Swizz told RapFix Live.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed