Swizz Beatz Hit With New Tax Problems
Swizz Beatz is the latest celebrity hit with tax problems. The music producer owes the state of New York $98,246.18 in unpaid taxes for the year 2010. He also has federal tax liens filed against him which amounts to a staggering $2.6 million.
This is not the first time Beatz's name popped up in the tax problem headline. In June 2010, he was slapped with an IRS lien of $652,727 for unpaid 2008 income tax. "We have been discussing the issue with the government for years and are currently negotiating an amicable resolution of the dispute," a lawyer for Beatz said back then.
Meanwhile in early 2011, he was reported owing over $2 million to the government. In fact, Page Six noted that he and ex-wife Mashonda have liens filed against them in New York, Georgia and California.
Nevertheless, Beatz is one of the hottest music producers out there. The husband of singer Alicia Keys ranked number 16 on Forbes' annual Hip-Hop Cash Kings Top 20 list last September with $7 million income.
Beatz is preparing for the release of The Lox's first album in twelve years with DJ Khaled. "It's not all the way in stone yet because Khaled's super busy. I'm super busy. The Lox are super busy, but it's a main goal for us to really make that happen," Swizz told RapFix Live.
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director