Ashton Kutcher's Portrayal as Steve Jobs in New Biopic Is 'Uncanny'
Though some people responded pessimistically when Ashton Kutcher was first cast as Steve Jobs in "Jobs" back in April, co-star Josh Gad promised that the "Two and a Half Men" star's performance as the gadget mogul would not be a disappointment. The actor playing Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak in the movie even said that Ashton's makeover would make people think that Steve "never passed away."
"I think it's going to be pretty wonderful," Josh said to Us Weekly about what fans could expect from Ashton in the Steve Jobs biopic. "Ashton is going to blow a lot of people away. His performance was absolutely transformational," he gushed before adding, "If he looked any more like Steve Jobs, I think it would just confuse a lot of people in thinking Steve Jobs never passed away. It's that uncanny."
Of how Ashton pushed the envelope a bit further to portray the respected Apple founder, Josh said, "He really immersed himself. I think he has an appreciation for Steve Jobs, the likes of which I've never seen in any actor who's portrayal a real, living person." Having nothing but good words for the former "That '70s Show" star, Josh gushed, "Ashton is one of the most giving actors I've ever worked with. I was surprised by his work every day."
In early April, Kutcher sparked frenzy as he was reported to be cast as Steve Jobs in the Joshua Michael Stern-directed biopic. His casting news was at first thought as a Hollywood's April Fool's prank before producer Mark Hulme himself officially confirmed the project.
"Since our film covers the early years of Apple, when Jobs was in his 20s, we needed an actor who could carry not only the youthfulness of Jobs at the time, but also the psychological complexity," Hulme once said in a statement. "Because of that, and Ashton's physical similarities to Jobs, he's perfect for our film."
"Jobs" will take place on the early years of Apple, its founding and up-and-down years from 1971 to 2000. The biopic still hasn't got a U.S. release date.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'