Artist of the Week: Christina Aguilera
Christina Aguilera returns feistier than ever with a brand-new album "Lotus" this year. Two years in the making, the CD reflects her rebirth after the release of her 2010 chart-busting effort "Bionic" that was followed by her divorce from then-husband Jordan Bratman.
"This album represents a celebration of the new me, and to me the lotus has always represented this unbreakable flower that withstands any harsh weather conditions in its surroundings, that withstands time and remains beautiful and strong throughout the years," the mother of one gushed.
"Once I could start writing my own songs, beginning with 'Stripped', I tried to infuse as much as I could to promote strength and inspire people with that message. And now I'm at a place at 31, where the last time I felt this way was when I was 21 with Stripped and I had a lot to say and a lot to express."
The "very multi-layered, very heartfelt" album is filled with songs inspired by many events she has experienced in her life up to the point where she stands now. "I wanted to share all the different sides of me, as a woman, and as a creator and an artist," she explained. "All those pieces make me who I am."
The former Disney star is going to release the album in the United States on November 9 and is expected to make a notable entry on Billboard Hot 200 on its debut week. The lead single, "Your Body", has already charted at number 16 on Billboard Dance/Club Play Song Chart.
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli
- 'Game of Thrones': New Photos Reunite the Four Starks, Final Season Episode Count Is Revealed
- Chris Cornell Appeared to Have Used Other Drugs Before Hanging Himself
- Nicki Minaj to Perform at the 2017 NBA Awards
- Is She Pregnant? Cristiano Ronaldo's GF Georgina Rodriguez Sports Suspicious Bump in New Pic
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'