Artist of the Week: Christina Aguilera
Christina Aguilera returns feistier than ever with a brand-new album "Lotus" this year. Two years in the making, the CD reflects her rebirth after the release of her 2010 chart-busting effort "Bionic" that was followed by her divorce from then-husband Jordan Bratman.
"This album represents a celebration of the new me, and to me the lotus has always represented this unbreakable flower that withstands any harsh weather conditions in its surroundings, that withstands time and remains beautiful and strong throughout the years," the mother of one gushed.
"Once I could start writing my own songs, beginning with 'Stripped', I tried to infuse as much as I could to promote strength and inspire people with that message. And now I'm at a place at 31, where the last time I felt this way was when I was 21 with Stripped and I had a lot to say and a lot to express."
The "very multi-layered, very heartfelt" album is filled with songs inspired by many events she has experienced in her life up to the point where she stands now. "I wanted to share all the different sides of me, as a woman, and as a creator and an artist," she explained. "All those pieces make me who I am."
The former Disney star is going to release the album in the United States on November 9 and is expected to make a notable entry on Billboard Hot 200 on its debut week. The lead single, "Your Body", has already charted at number 16 on Billboard Dance/Club Play Song Chart.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'