MTV Cancels 'America's Best Dance Crew' After Seven Seasons
MTV has pulled the plug on its long-running reality show "America's Best Dance Crew". The Mario Lopez-hosted dancing competition series wrapped up its seventh installment in June this year and will not return for another new season as the network decided not to renew it.
"We are grateful to Randy Jackson and Warner Horizon for having brought our audience seven amazing seasons of dance with ABDC," so MTV announces in a statement, "and look forward to more successful and dynamic entertaining collaborations in the future."
Launched in 2008, "ABDC" once topped ratings in 12-34 demo for cable channel, but the ratings continuosly declined. Though the show has been canceled, host Lopez won't be left jobless since he recently joined Simon Cowell's "The X Factor (US)" as a co-host while still hosting "Extra".
Earlier year, MTV also canceled "Jersey Shore", which is scheduled to air its series finale in December.
- A Cheeky Man Outshines Doutzen Kroes During Bikini Photo Shoot by Baring His Bum
- Rita Ora Strips Down to Nude Bra on Instagram - See the Racy Lingerie Snap
- R. Kelly Sued for Allegedly Having a 5-Year Affair With a Man's Wife
- Tristan Thompson Reportedly Will Propose to Khloe Kardashian After NBA Championship
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body