MTV Cancels 'America's Best Dance Crew' After Seven Seasons
MTV has pulled the plug on its long-running reality show "America's Best Dance Crew". The Mario Lopez-hosted dancing competition series wrapped up its seventh installment in June this year and will not return for another new season as the network decided not to renew it.
"We are grateful to Randy Jackson and Warner Horizon for having brought our audience seven amazing seasons of dance with ABDC," so MTV announces in a statement, "and look forward to more successful and dynamic entertaining collaborations in the future."
Launched in 2008, "ABDC" once topped ratings in 12-34 demo for cable channel, but the ratings continuosly declined. Though the show has been canceled, host Lopez won't be left jobless since he recently joined Simon Cowell's "The X Factor (US)" as a co-host while still hosting "Extra".
Earlier year, MTV also canceled "Jersey Shore", which is scheduled to air its series finale in December.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!