MTV Cancels 'America's Best Dance Crew' After Seven Seasons
MTV has pulled the plug on its long-running reality show "America's Best Dance Crew". The Mario Lopez-hosted dancing competition series wrapped up its seventh installment in June this year and will not return for another new season as the network decided not to renew it.
"We are grateful to Randy Jackson and Warner Horizon for having brought our audience seven amazing seasons of dance with ABDC," so MTV announces in a statement, "and look forward to more successful and dynamic entertaining collaborations in the future."
Launched in 2008, "ABDC" once topped ratings in 12-34 demo for cable channel, but the ratings continuosly declined. Though the show has been canceled, host Lopez won't be left jobless since he recently joined Simon Cowell's "The X Factor (US)" as a co-host while still hosting "Extra".
Earlier year, MTV also canceled "Jersey Shore", which is scheduled to air its series finale in December.
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years
- Demi Lovato Speaks on Mental Illness, Performs 'Confident' at DNC Opening Night
- Lindsay Lohan Responds to Relationship Drama After Accusing Fiance of Strangling Her
- Britney Spears, U2, Drake, Ariana Grande Lead an Amazing 2016 iHeartRadio Music Festival Line-Up