Paul McCartney and Wife Narrowly Escaped Helicopter Crash
Paul McCartney and his wife Nancy Shevell almost got into a fatal helicopter crash. The incident happened when the couple returned to their East Sussex home at night in a chartered nine-seater helicopter after attending his daughter Mary's book launch in the West End.
The near-fatal incident occurred in May, but it was not revealed until recently. Sir Paul and his wife failed to land on a helipad surrounded by woodland at their estate when the pilot of their chopper became "disorientated" due to "low cloudbase, poor visibility and rain."
The helicopter reportedly was just mere feet from crashing on the tree-lushed area and making a potentially fatal crash, but the pilot was fortunately able to pull the aircraft away from the tree tops and diverted it safely to Lydd Airport in Kent, 15 miles from Sir Paul's house.
Although the chopper finally landed safely, the decision to suddenly maneuver the engine in immense pressure actually was a big risk since the move could be dangerous as well. Air Accidents Investigation Branch categorized it as a "serious incident" and has launched investigation into it.
A rep for Air Harrods, which runs the helicopter service, acknowledged the incident to The Mail on Sunday and confirmed investigation was ongoing. A spokesperson for the former member of The Beatles said, "Paul has been spoken to. It has been put to him, everything. It's a no comment."
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does