Jennifer Lawrence Is Elegant in Black at 'Silver Linings Playbook' N.Y. Premiere
"Silver Linings Playbook" has thrown its New York premiere on Sunday, November 11. Stealing the show at the special screening event, which took place at Florence Gould Hall Screening Room, was none other than the film's beautiful leading actress Jennifer Lawrence.
The Katniss Everdeen of "The Hunger Games" looked very gorgeous though she opted for a simple look. Sporting darker hair, the Oscar-nominated actress rocked an all-black Dior number from head to toe. She looked sexy in a plunging bustier under a sleek blazer that she paired with a silky scarf. Finishing off her look with tailored trousers, she opted for a pair of strap shoes to team her elegant outfit.
Lawrence was joined by director David O.Russell who kept it casual in a white shirt and sweater under his long black coat. He finished off his look with white sneakers. Along with the "Winter's Bone" actress, the filmmaker was all smiles while posing for the cameramen on the red carpet. Lead actor Bradley Cooper, meanwhile, was nowhere to be seen at the promotional event.
In "Silver Linings Playbook", Lawrence plays a troubled girl named Tiffany, who meets Cooper's Pat Solitano when he returns to his parents' home after splitting from his wife. Pat himself is determined to rebuild his life, remain positive and reunite with his wife, despite the challenging circumstances of their separation.
Tiffany then offers to help Pat reconnect with his wife, but only if he'll do something very important for her in return. As their deal plays out, an unexpected bond begins to form between them, and silver linings appear in both of their lives.
Lawrence and Cooper's chemistry in the dramedy has received positive reviews from critics after it was screened at some movie festivals. The two are joined by Julia Stiles, Robert De Niro, Chris Tucker and Jacki Weaver in the cast ensemble.
The film will arrive in limited U.S. theaters on November 16, the same day when "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" opens Stateside and Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" is expanded to nationwide screenings.
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video