Mick Jagger's Love Letters to Marsha Hunt Up for Auction
Mick Jagger's most personal words will be up for sale. Around ten love letters that the The Rolling Stones frontman sent to his first child's mother Marsha Hunt will be auctioned on Sotheby's December 12, estimated to fetch between 70,000 pounds (about $111,300) and 100,000 pounds (about $159,000).
Jagger was said to have read diaries of Nijinsky and the poems of Emily Dickinson, and also met with writer Christopher Isherwood during the time he was in love with Hunt. She was reportedly the inspiration behind Stones' "Brown Sugar".
"The letters speak for Mick at an incredible juncture of our lives," Hunt said as quoted by Guardian. "The summer of '69 was the end of a whole era of revolutionary spirit - we didn't know it was about to die. And who knew that this group of boys making music would 50 years on be still celebrated as a voice of the period?"
When asked why she would sell such a personal belonging, Hunt said, "I'm broke. Anyone who has the impression that I have money knows nothing about me." She will use the money to repair her house in France.
Hunt also hoped that the letters will be Jagger's legacy. "Someone will protect them [the letters] and someone who protects them will protect me because I will make enough money from the sale to repair my house in France and if I fall down tomorrow with a stroke, which is happening with several of my friends, my daughter doesn't have to say 'what are we going to do about mom?' " she said.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group