Mick Jagger's Love Letters to Marsha Hunt Up for Auction
Mick Jagger's most personal words will be up for sale. Around ten love letters that the The Rolling Stones frontman sent to his first child's mother Marsha Hunt will be auctioned on Sotheby's December 12, estimated to fetch between 70,000 pounds (about $111,300) and 100,000 pounds (about $159,000).
Jagger was said to have read diaries of Nijinsky and the poems of Emily Dickinson, and also met with writer Christopher Isherwood during the time he was in love with Hunt. She was reportedly the inspiration behind Stones' "Brown Sugar".
"The letters speak for Mick at an incredible juncture of our lives," Hunt said as quoted by Guardian. "The summer of '69 was the end of a whole era of revolutionary spirit - we didn't know it was about to die. And who knew that this group of boys making music would 50 years on be still celebrated as a voice of the period?"
When asked why she would sell such a personal belonging, Hunt said, "I'm broke. Anyone who has the impression that I have money knows nothing about me." She will use the money to repair her house in France.
Hunt also hoped that the letters will be Jagger's legacy. "Someone will protect them [the letters] and someone who protects them will protect me because I will make enough money from the sale to repair my house in France and if I fall down tomorrow with a stroke, which is happening with several of my friends, my daughter doesn't have to say 'what are we going to do about mom?' " she said.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic