Mick Jagger's Love Letters to Marsha Hunt Up for Auction
Mick Jagger's most personal words will be up for sale. Around ten love letters that the The Rolling Stones frontman sent to his first child's mother Marsha Hunt will be auctioned on Sotheby's December 12, estimated to fetch between 70,000 pounds (about $111,300) and 100,000 pounds (about $159,000).
Jagger was said to have read diaries of Nijinsky and the poems of Emily Dickinson, and also met with writer Christopher Isherwood during the time he was in love with Hunt. She was reportedly the inspiration behind Stones' "Brown Sugar".
"The letters speak for Mick at an incredible juncture of our lives," Hunt said as quoted by Guardian. "The summer of '69 was the end of a whole era of revolutionary spirit - we didn't know it was about to die. And who knew that this group of boys making music would 50 years on be still celebrated as a voice of the period?"
When asked why she would sell such a personal belonging, Hunt said, "I'm broke. Anyone who has the impression that I have money knows nothing about me." She will use the money to repair her house in France.
Hunt also hoped that the letters will be Jagger's legacy. "Someone will protect them [the letters] and someone who protects them will protect me because I will make enough money from the sale to repair my house in France and if I fall down tomorrow with a stroke, which is happening with several of my friends, my daughter doesn't have to say 'what are we going to do about mom?' " she said.
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'