2012 MTV EMAs to Give Global Icon to Whitney Houston
Whitney Houston will be honored at the 19th European Music Awards in Frankfurt, Germany on Sunday, November 11 night. The late pop diva will be handed the 2012 MTV European Music Awards Global Icon Award for her decades of work in music industry.
"When we choose the Global Icons, we try to look at an artist that had a substantial career spanning a long period, at least a decade and we chose Whitney Houston for all the obvious reasons," Bruce Gillmer, executive producer of the 2012 EMAs, said in a statement. "She had one of the greatest voices of all time and (has had) a huge influence on music and other artists. We all know her music lives on."
This is the third year MTV has presented the Global Icon honor at EMAs. The first two honorees were Queen and Bon Jovi.
The 2012 MTV EMAs will be hosted by supermodel Heidi Klum. The venue in Frankfurt will be decorated with circus theme. "It will be very magical," she said in a press conference. "I think it will be a visual feast." She added that she may end up doing some circus-related things, such as do some acrobatics or do something with a trapeze."
Performances will come from such artists as Carly Rae Jepsen, Fun., Taylor Swift and Psy.
More Whitney Houston News
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters