Selena Gomez's 'Hotel Transylvania' Prepares Sequel for 2015 Release
Recently scoring big success on box office, "Hotel Transylvania" is set to get a sequel treatment. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Sony Pictures Animation is already planning "Hotel Transylvania 2" which is projected to be released sometime in 2015.
The sequel is still in the early stage of development and still hasn't tapped a new director. The original helmer, Genndy Tartakovsky, seemingly will not return to the follow-up pic since he's now committed to Sony's other animation project "Popeye", which is set for a September 26, 2014 release.
The first "Hotel Transylvania" movie was released this past September 28 to a record-breaking opening weekend. Scoring $42.5 million in its first week, the film scored the biggest September opening of all time, besting "Sweet Home Alabama" which collected $35.6 million in September 2002. It also becomes the best result to date for Sony's animation unit. So far, the film grosses more than $253 million worldwide.
One of the reasons behind the success of the animated movie was because of its starry voice cast ensemble that included the likes of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, David Spade, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon and Cee-Lo Green.
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards
- BET Awards 2016: Erykah Badu, Tori Kelly and Jennifer Hudson Team Up for Prince Tribute
- Demi Lovato Opens Up About Addictions and Eating Disorder, Says She 'Was Going to Die Young'
- BET Awards 2016: Drake and Future Among First Winners
- BET Awards 2016: See Alicia Keys, Janelle Monae, Karrueche Tran's Showstopping Styles on Red Carpet
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage