Selena Gomez's 'Hotel Transylvania' Prepares Sequel for 2015 Release
Recently scoring big success on box office, "Hotel Transylvania" is set to get a sequel treatment. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Sony Pictures Animation is already planning "Hotel Transylvania 2" which is projected to be released sometime in 2015.
The sequel is still in the early stage of development and still hasn't tapped a new director. The original helmer, Genndy Tartakovsky, seemingly will not return to the follow-up pic since he's now committed to Sony's other animation project "Popeye", which is set for a September 26, 2014 release.
The first "Hotel Transylvania" movie was released this past September 28 to a record-breaking opening weekend. Scoring $42.5 million in its first week, the film scored the biggest September opening of all time, besting "Sweet Home Alabama" which collected $35.6 million in September 2002. It also becomes the best result to date for Sony's animation unit. So far, the film grosses more than $253 million worldwide.
One of the reasons behind the success of the animated movie was because of its starry voice cast ensemble that included the likes of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, David Spade, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon and Cee-Lo Green.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group