Selena Gomez's 'Hotel Transylvania' Prepares Sequel for 2015 Release
Recently scoring big success on box office, "Hotel Transylvania" is set to get a sequel treatment. Per The Hollywood Reporter, Sony Pictures Animation is already planning "Hotel Transylvania 2" which is projected to be released sometime in 2015.
The sequel is still in the early stage of development and still hasn't tapped a new director. The original helmer, Genndy Tartakovsky, seemingly will not return to the follow-up pic since he's now committed to Sony's other animation project "Popeye", which is set for a September 26, 2014 release.
The first "Hotel Transylvania" movie was released this past September 28 to a record-breaking opening weekend. Scoring $42.5 million in its first week, the film scored the biggest September opening of all time, besting "Sweet Home Alabama" which collected $35.6 million in September 2002. It also becomes the best result to date for Sony's animation unit. So far, the film grosses more than $253 million worldwide.
One of the reasons behind the success of the animated movie was because of its starry voice cast ensemble that included the likes of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, David Spade, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon and Cee-Lo Green.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences