Taylor Swift to Top Bill 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
Country princess Taylor Swift is set out to conquer even bigger things towards the year's end as she is confirmed to headline on the TV special "New Year's Rockin' Eve". The "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" hitmaker who has been topping the Billboard 200 chart with her newest million-selling album, "Red", is expected to wow a crowd of more than 1 million spectators at New York's Times Square on December 31.
"American Idol" host and radio DJ, Ryan Seacrest, will lead the five-and-a-half-hour music spectacle. The host teased on his Twitter status and wrote, "Confirmed: @TaylorSwift13 will perform on New Years Rockin' Eve! Unconfirmed: Who she'll kiss at midnight."
The special will also feature other big names in the entertainment industry, reports on New Year celebrations around the globe, and a two-hour tribute to its late host Dick Clark.
The announcement was made by ABC and Dirk Clark productions on Friday, November 9 and stated that this year's celebrations will be aptly titled, "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest". Clark hosted the New Year's Eve TV special for ABC television for four decades before his death in April at age 82.
The two-hour tribute to the host of the TV dance show, "American Bandstand", will open the bash. Clips of Clark's long and productive career will be presented to viewers alongside remembrances by musicians and other industry celebrities.
More Taylor Swift News
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Have Been a Couple for 'a While,' and He 'Is Very Attentive' to Her
- Here's Why Chris Pratt Refuses to Take Selfies With Fans
- Faye Dunaway Feels 'Very Guilty' About Oscar Flub
- Lil Wayne Ends Idaho Show After Fan Throws Drink at Him - Watch the Footage
- Hailey Baldwin Risks Nip Slip as She Goes Braless on Instagram
- Aaron Hernandez's Male Prison Lover Is Allegedly Revealed, Lawyer Denies Gay Rumor
- Colin Firth Returns in Awesome First Trailer for 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'