Taylor Swift to Top Bill 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
Country princess Taylor Swift is set out to conquer even bigger things towards the year's end as she is confirmed to headline on the TV special "New Year's Rockin' Eve". The "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" hitmaker who has been topping the Billboard 200 chart with her newest million-selling album, "Red", is expected to wow a crowd of more than 1 million spectators at New York's Times Square on December 31.
"American Idol" host and radio DJ, Ryan Seacrest, will lead the five-and-a-half-hour music spectacle. The host teased on his Twitter status and wrote, "Confirmed: @TaylorSwift13 will perform on New Years Rockin' Eve! Unconfirmed: Who she'll kiss at midnight."
The special will also feature other big names in the entertainment industry, reports on New Year celebrations around the globe, and a two-hour tribute to its late host Dick Clark.
The announcement was made by ABC and Dirk Clark productions on Friday, November 9 and stated that this year's celebrations will be aptly titled, "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest". Clark hosted the New Year's Eve TV special for ABC television for four decades before his death in April at age 82.
The two-hour tribute to the host of the TV dance show, "American Bandstand", will open the bash. Clips of Clark's long and productive career will be presented to viewers alongside remembrances by musicians and other industry celebrities.
More Taylor Swift News
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie