Taylor Swift to Top Bill 'New Year's Rockin' Eve'
Country princess Taylor Swift is set out to conquer even bigger things towards the year's end as she is confirmed to headline on the TV special "New Year's Rockin' Eve". The "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together" hitmaker who has been topping the Billboard 200 chart with her newest million-selling album, "Red", is expected to wow a crowd of more than 1 million spectators at New York's Times Square on December 31.
"American Idol" host and radio DJ, Ryan Seacrest, will lead the five-and-a-half-hour music spectacle. The host teased on his Twitter status and wrote, "Confirmed: @TaylorSwift13 will perform on New Years Rockin' Eve! Unconfirmed: Who she'll kiss at midnight."
The special will also feature other big names in the entertainment industry, reports on New Year celebrations around the globe, and a two-hour tribute to its late host Dick Clark.
The announcement was made by ABC and Dirk Clark productions on Friday, November 9 and stated that this year's celebrations will be aptly titled, "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest". Clark hosted the New Year's Eve TV special for ABC television for four decades before his death in April at age 82.
The two-hour tribute to the host of the TV dance show, "American Bandstand", will open the bash. Clips of Clark's long and productive career will be presented to viewers alongside remembrances by musicians and other industry celebrities.
More Taylor Swift News
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!