Bradley Cooper Goes Mental in New 'Silver Linings Playbook' Clips
Glimpses at Bradley Cooper's highly-praised performance as a hot but mentally-sick man in "Silver Linings Playbook" are teased in two new clips of the dramedy. The first clip focuses on Cooper's Pat who looks so overexcited for no apparent reason. Sporting a plastic rain coat inside his house, Pat enthusiastically gushes about his mom's homemade patties. His dad (Robert De Niro) then suspects him for not taking his medication properly.
The second snippet, meanwhile, shows Pat in a totally different mood compared to the first video. In it, he is seen getting so livid after finishing a wee-hour reading of a Hemingway book. Rushing into his parents bedroom at 4 o'clock in the morning, Pat starts talking crazy and frustrates his parents for his constant whining over the book's unhappy ending.
Pat Solitano has lost everything, his house, his job, and his wife. He now finds himself living back with his mother and father after spending eight months in a state institution on a plea bargain. Pat is determined to rebuild his life, remain positive and reunite with his wife, despite the challenging circumstances of their separation.
All Pat's parents want is for him to get back on his feet - and to share their family's obsession with the Philadelphia Eagles football team. When Pat meets Tiffany (Jennifer Lawrence), a mysterious girl with mental problems of her own, things get complicated.
Tiffany offers to help Pat reconnect with his wife, but only if he'll do something very important for her in return. As their deal plays out, an unexpected bond begins to form between them, and silver linings appear in both of their lives.
Becoming critics' favorite at some film festivals, "Silver Linings Playbook" is directed by Oscar winner David O. Russell. The movie will arrive in limited U.S. theaters on November 16, the same day when potential megablocbuster flick "The Twilight Saga's Breaking Dawn Part II" opens nationwide.
"Up, Up, Up":
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'