George Clooney Could Star in Brad Bird's Alien Movie '1952'
George Clooney is nearing a deal to star in Walt Disney Pictures' new high-profile movie. The "Up in the Air" actor is in talks to join "1952", which has "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" director Brad Bird serving as the helmer.
Details of what character Clooney is eyeing are still kept secret. Disney also keeps the plot under very tight wraps, but Variety reports that the project will be a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"-esque story that centers on "a man who makes contact with aliens on Earth."
Aside from having an A-list director and eyeing a prestigious actor, the potential high-profile movie has tapped famed scribes to pen its script. They are none other than "Prometheus" writer Damon Lindelof and "Lost" co-creator Jeff Jensen. Lindelof will also serve as the producer.
As for Clooney, the Oscar-winning thesp has "The Monuments Men" as his next project. He will not only star in it, but also direct and co-write the script alongside Grant Heslove. Clooney has tapped a number of high-profile stars, such as Daniel Craig, Jean Dujardin, Bill Murray and Cate Blanchett among others, as the cast members.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death