George Clooney Could Star in Brad Bird's Alien Movie '1952'
George Clooney is nearing a deal to star in Walt Disney Pictures' new high-profile movie. The "Up in the Air" actor is in talks to join "1952", which has "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" director Brad Bird serving as the helmer.
Details of what character Clooney is eyeing are still kept secret. Disney also keeps the plot under very tight wraps, but Variety reports that the project will be a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"-esque story that centers on "a man who makes contact with aliens on Earth."
Aside from having an A-list director and eyeing a prestigious actor, the potential high-profile movie has tapped famed scribes to pen its script. They are none other than "Prometheus" writer Damon Lindelof and "Lost" co-creator Jeff Jensen. Lindelof will also serve as the producer.
As for Clooney, the Oscar-winning thesp has "The Monuments Men" as his next project. He will not only star in it, but also direct and co-write the script alongside Grant Heslove. Clooney has tapped a number of high-profile stars, such as Daniel Craig, Jean Dujardin, Bill Murray and Cate Blanchett among others, as the cast members.
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles
- Jennifer Lawrence Tops Forbes' List of 2016 Highest-Paid Actresses