George Clooney Could Star in Brad Bird's Alien Movie '1952'
George Clooney is nearing a deal to star in Walt Disney Pictures' new high-profile movie. The "Up in the Air" actor is in talks to join "1952", which has "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" director Brad Bird serving as the helmer.
Details of what character Clooney is eyeing are still kept secret. Disney also keeps the plot under very tight wraps, but Variety reports that the project will be a "Close Encounters of the Third Kind"-esque story that centers on "a man who makes contact with aliens on Earth."
Aside from having an A-list director and eyeing a prestigious actor, the potential high-profile movie has tapped famed scribes to pen its script. They are none other than "Prometheus" writer Damon Lindelof and "Lost" co-creator Jeff Jensen. Lindelof will also serve as the producer.
As for Clooney, the Oscar-winning thesp has "The Monuments Men" as his next project. He will not only star in it, but also direct and co-write the script alongside Grant Heslove. Clooney has tapped a number of high-profile stars, such as Daniel Craig, Jean Dujardin, Bill Murray and Cate Blanchett among others, as the cast members.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia