Ariel Winter Is Doing Fine Amid Real-Life Family Drama, Lawyer Says
Ariel Winter hasn't spoken a word about her feud with her mother Chrisoula Workman, but her lawyer assures that the "Modern Family" star is doing OK. The 14-year-old star did look fine when she was spotted showing up on the set of the TV series earlier this week.
"Ariel is doing well and she has a lot of people who are loving her and supporting her at this time, and I'm pretty confident that she'll fare well through all of this," says the attorney to PEOPLE. "She is obviously a very smart and articulate young lady and an accomplished actress."
Most recently, Ariel was pictured heading to a hair salon in Los Angeles with her older sister, Shanelle Gray, who is currently appointed her temporary guardian. Wearing matching blue tops and black shades, the sister duo clutched hands while braving a group of paparazzi.
Chris is accused of emotionally and physically abusing Ariel. As a result, the mother is ordered to stay 100 yards away from her daughter while the teen is temporarily placed in the care of Shanelle until further hearing scheduled for November 20.
Chris dismisses the abuse allegation, insisting she just tried to protect Ariel after she caught the star in bed with her 18-year-old boyfriend, actor Cameron Palatas. She tried to break them up due to age difference and filed charges against him for allegedly having sex with a minor.
The mother also denies claim that she verbally abused Ariel. "I have never put Ariel down or told her that she is overweight," she tells TMZ. "Since birth, I have loved and cared for Ariel in all her physiological and emotional needs. I have always been her caretaker and looked out for her best interests."
Shanelle is currently seeking to become Ariel's permanent guardian, but Chris scoffs at her daughter's effort. She accused Shanelle of using Ariel as a "stepping stone to further her own career as an actress." She's also concerned that Shanelle will drain Ariel's money. She says her younger daughter earns $75k per week from "Modern Family" alone.
More Ariel Winter News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media