Chris Brown's Sweden Concert Hit by Protesters as New Song 'Nobody's Perfect' Debuted
Chris Brown is not going to get any warm welcome in Sweden. Protesters have managed to plaster posters of Brown's ex Rihanna showing her battered face and used it as a promo material for the rapper's upcoming November 19 concert in Stockholm. The scheme was a call for the show organizers to cancel Brown's concert due to his negative image as a woman-beater.
The professional-looking posters, complete with concert date information and the line "Buy Your Ticket at Ticketmaster Sweden", were cleverly designed and plastered around bus stops and public areas in the Swedish capital. The still unknown masterminds of the scheme obviously want to highlight Breezy's 2009 assault on the "Diamonds" singer, which led to their highly publicized break-up and to Brown's conviction of five-year probation, six months of community service and compulsory attendance at a two-week domestic violence course.
Apparently, the European audience is not letting the rapper get off the hook so easily. Just last September, another unknown party in England also voiced out their dislike of the "Turn Up the Music" singer when it affixed stickers to his "Fortune" CD that read "WARNING: Do Not Buy This Album! This Man Beats Women."
Moreover, fellow musicians are also protesting Brown's violent past. The Irish hip-hop group The Original Rudeboys cited Brown's attack on Rihanna as their reason for turning down an offer last month to play with him as special guests at his O2 show.
Brown does seem to acknowledge the protests against him as he releases his new single "Nobody's Perfect" on Friday, November 9. This track will be on Breezy's forthcoming album "Carpe Diem", out early 2013.
More Chris Brown News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance