CW Picks Up 'Beauty and the Beast' to Full Season, Syfy Renews 'Haven'
The CW has given a full-season order to its other freshman "Beauty and the Beast". The modern-day adaptation of the famous tale has just received an additional nine episodes, bringing its first season to a total of 22 episodes.
Starring Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan, the police procedural series is averaging 2.4 million viewers and a 0.9 rating among adults 18-34 so far. The latest episode is up 9% in total viewers than the previous week.
The CW has previously picked up another new hit series "Arrow" to full season. Meanwhile, the fate of rookie "Emily Owens, M.D." is still up in the air.
Almost at the same time, good news also comes for Syfy's "Haven". The cable channel has renewed the sci-fi series for a fourth season of 13 new episodes, which will premiere in 2013.
"We couldn't be happier to see the story of Audrey Parker and the creepy, quirky town of Haven continue next year," says Mark Stern, Syfy's President of Original Content. "Season three has hit a creative and critical high and we're very excited to see where the talented production team takes our colorful cast of characters led by the perfect trifecta of Emily Rose, Eric Balfour and Lucas Bryant in season four."
Based on Stephen King's novel "The Colorado Kid", "Haven" is averaging 2.4 million total viewers and 942,000 adults18-49 in its current third season. The secrets begin to be revealed in this chapter, which is said to have a shocking last episode.
More Beauty and the Beast News
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist
- Blac Chyna's Baby Bump Is Growing! Model Bares Belly in Black Sports Bra