'Chicago Fire' Picked Up for Full Season Despite Rating Struggle
Although "Chicago Fire" had been struggling week to week with its rating, NBC gave it a green light for a full 22 episodes. The new fall drama was picked up after showing a season high on Wednesday, November 7 night, taking 2.3 rating and 7.09 million viewers against last week's 1.6 rating.
The Dick Wolf-produced drama's "Hanging On" episode was considered creatively strong and a proof that the show has started to grow on audience. On Wednesday nights, it goes up against CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and ABC's "Nashville". To date, "Chicago Fire" has averaged 8 million viewers and a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49.
"We all love this thrilling new drama with its sexy breakout cast. We are excited to see it gaining traction on our schedule," Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement. "Executive producer Dick Wolf and all the producers have done an amazing job developing a high-stakes series with lots of great heroic characters whose exploits are depicted in Dick's typically epic storytelling style. We are incredibly invested in this one and can't wait to hear about their plans for the rest of the season."
"Chicago Fire" follows the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51. It stars Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney and Monica Raymund among others.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?