'Chicago Fire' Picked Up for Full Season Despite Rating Struggle
Although "Chicago Fire" had been struggling week to week with its rating, NBC gave it a green light for a full 22 episodes. The new fall drama was picked up after showing a season high on Wednesday, November 7 night, taking 2.3 rating and 7.09 million viewers against last week's 1.6 rating.
The Dick Wolf-produced drama's "Hanging On" episode was considered creatively strong and a proof that the show has started to grow on audience. On Wednesday nights, it goes up against CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" and ABC's "Nashville". To date, "Chicago Fire" has averaged 8 million viewers and a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49.
"We all love this thrilling new drama with its sexy breakout cast. We are excited to see it gaining traction on our schedule," Jennifer Salke, president of NBC Entertainment, said in a statement. "Executive producer Dick Wolf and all the producers have done an amazing job developing a high-stakes series with lots of great heroic characters whose exploits are depicted in Dick's typically epic storytelling style. We are incredibly invested in this one and can't wait to hear about their plans for the rest of the season."
"Chicago Fire" follows the firefighters, rescue squad and paramedics of Chicago Firehouse 51. It stars Jesse Spencer, Taylor Kinney and Monica Raymund among others.
More Chicago Fire News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show