Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Throws Star-Studded Premiere at AFI Fest
A day before opening in limited U.S. theaters, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" was premiered as part of the 2012 AFI Fest in Hollywood. Held at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Thursday night, November 8, the special screening event was supported by the history film's A-list cast members as well as director Spielberg himself.
Spielberg stepped on the red carpet, looking elegant in a gray suit that he paired with a matching scarf, black pants and well-polished leather shoes. He was joined by Daniel Day-Lewis who looked very different from his portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in the movie. The actor donned a brown shirt under his blazer and paired it with a checkered scarf.
Sally Field, meanwhile, looked pretty in a sleeveless red lace dress that she teamed with a pair of nude-colored pumps. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tommy Lee Jones, David Oyelowo, Bruce McGill, Walton Goggins, Joseph Cross and James Spader were among the other male cast members spotted that night, looking sleek in each of their suits.
Among the celebrity guests, there were Gloria Reuben and Teresa Palmer who oozed sexiness in their red ensembles, Jo Champa who looked stylish in an LBD and ankle boots, Jared Harris who arrived with his sexy partner Allegra Riggio, and Camryn Manheim who kept it simple in a loose blouse and black trousers.
"Lincoln" is a revealing drama that focuses on Abe's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, he pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound