Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Throws Star-Studded Premiere at AFI Fest
A day before opening in limited U.S. theaters, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" was premiered as part of the 2012 AFI Fest in Hollywood. Held at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Thursday night, November 8, the special screening event was supported by the history film's A-list cast members as well as director Spielberg himself.
Spielberg stepped on the red carpet, looking elegant in a gray suit that he paired with a matching scarf, black pants and well-polished leather shoes. He was joined by Daniel Day-Lewis who looked very different from his portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in the movie. The actor donned a brown shirt under his blazer and paired it with a checkered scarf.
Sally Field, meanwhile, looked pretty in a sleeveless red lace dress that she teamed with a pair of nude-colored pumps. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tommy Lee Jones, David Oyelowo, Bruce McGill, Walton Goggins, Joseph Cross and James Spader were among the other male cast members spotted that night, looking sleek in each of their suits.
Among the celebrity guests, there were Gloria Reuben and Teresa Palmer who oozed sexiness in their red ensembles, Jo Champa who looked stylish in an LBD and ankle boots, Jared Harris who arrived with his sexy partner Allegra Riggio, and Camryn Manheim who kept it simple in a loose blouse and black trousers.
"Lincoln" is a revealing drama that focuses on Abe's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, he pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?