Steven Spielberg's 'Lincoln' Throws Star-Studded Premiere at AFI Fest
A day before opening in limited U.S. theaters, Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln" was premiered as part of the 2012 AFI Fest in Hollywood. Held at the Grauman's Chinese Theatre on Thursday night, November 8, the special screening event was supported by the history film's A-list cast members as well as director Spielberg himself.
Spielberg stepped on the red carpet, looking elegant in a gray suit that he paired with a matching scarf, black pants and well-polished leather shoes. He was joined by Daniel Day-Lewis who looked very different from his portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in the movie. The actor donned a brown shirt under his blazer and paired it with a checkered scarf.
Sally Field, meanwhile, looked pretty in a sleeveless red lace dress that she teamed with a pair of nude-colored pumps. Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Tommy Lee Jones, David Oyelowo, Bruce McGill, Walton Goggins, Joseph Cross and James Spader were among the other male cast members spotted that night, looking sleek in each of their suits.
Among the celebrity guests, there were Gloria Reuben and Teresa Palmer who oozed sexiness in their red ensembles, Jo Champa who looked stylish in an LBD and ankle boots, Jared Harris who arrived with his sexy partner Allegra Riggio, and Camryn Manheim who kept it simple in a loose blouse and black trousers.
"Lincoln" is a revealing drama that focuses on Abe's tumultuous final months in office. In a nation divided by war and the strong winds of change, he pursues a course of action designed to end the war, unite the country and abolish slavery. With the moral courage and fierce determination to succeed, his choices during this critical moment will change the fate of generations to come.
More Lincoln News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory