Pics: Javier Bardem Honored With Walk of Fame Star
Thursday, November 8, was a special day for Javier Bardem since he was honored with the 2,484th Walk of Fame star. "All I wanted to do was work professionally as an actor and now to be here and to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame is an honor I never thought I would ever receive," the actor said in his speech. "I thank you so very much for that."
"I am here in large part because of 'Skyfall', the latest James Bond movie and I tell you that you will not be disappointed," he went on, promoting the movie. Then, he praised the director, "The great Sam Mendes has done an amazing movie and has given us... all the people involved... an amazing journey and a great one for me personally and professionally."
Joining Javier on the occasion, "Skyfall" director Mendes said that the Silva depicter in the latest James Bond movie was "so embarrassed" to be receiving the star. The actor himself joked when delivering his speech, "Javier Bardem Day. That's so cool. And what's that like? Does everyone have to walk with a broken nose around Hollywood Boulevard?"
The 43-year-old actor was well-groomed, wearing a button down white shirt, beige suit jacket, brown trousers, and black shoes. Also on hand for the event were his "Skyfall" co-stars Naomie Harris and Berenice Marlohe, as well as Hollywood Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Leron Gubler.
Javier's wife Penelope Cruz was not seen among the attendance. The actress was in Rome to promote her film "Twice Born". The Latino beauty got her own Walk of Fame Star in April 2011.
In "Skyfall" which hits the U.S. theaters on Friday, November 9, Javier portrays the nemesis to Craig David's James Bond. He will next be seen in Spanish film "Alacran Enamorado" and Ridley Scott's star-studded thriller "The Counselor".
More Javier Bardem News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic