First Look: Tom Cruise Goes Robotic in 'All You Need Is Kill'
The first image of "All You Need Is Kill" has gone online, providing a first look at its lead actor Tom Cruise. Highlighting what appears to be a high-octane scene, the picture shows Cruise clad in a full-robotic attire from head to toe while running away to avoid explosion.
Cruise plays Lt. Col. Bill Cage, a new recruit in a war against aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. While the soldier's death and resurrection repeat, his skills grow as he attempts to change his fate.
The sci-fi movie is adapted from a Japanese novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and is said to be in the vein of "Groundhog Day". The project was previously known as "We Mortals Are", which reportedly eyed Brad Pitt as the lead.
Aside from Cruise, the action-packed film will star Emily Blunt, Charlotte Riley, Bill Paxton and Tony Way. "Mr and Mrs Smith" director Doug Liman serves as the helmer with Joby Harold penning the script. The pic will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on March 14, 2014.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle