First Look: Tom Cruise Goes Robotic in 'All You Need Is Kill'
The first image of "All You Need Is Kill" has gone online, providing a first look at its lead actor Tom Cruise. Highlighting what appears to be a high-octane scene, the picture shows Cruise clad in a full-robotic attire from head to toe while running away to avoid explosion.
Cruise plays Lt. Col. Bill Cage, a new recruit in a war against aliens who finds himself caught in a time loop in which he wakes up in the past after having been killed on the battlefield. While the soldier's death and resurrection repeat, his skills grow as he attempts to change his fate.
The sci-fi movie is adapted from a Japanese novel by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and is said to be in the vein of "Groundhog Day". The project was previously known as "We Mortals Are", which reportedly eyed Brad Pitt as the lead.
Aside from Cruise, the action-packed film will star Emily Blunt, Charlotte Riley, Bill Paxton and Tony Way. "Mr and Mrs Smith" director Doug Liman serves as the helmer with Joby Harold penning the script. The pic will make its way out onto the U.S. cinemas on March 14, 2014.
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch