Justin Bieber to Donate Ticket Sales to Hurricane Relief Effort
The flow of support for superstorm Sandy victims does not show any signs of slowing down as another big name in the entertainment industry decides to lend a helping hand. Teen pop sensation, Justin Bieber, announced that he would be donating $1 from each ticket sold at his four New York-area shows. The singer spread the good news via his Facebook page on Thursday, November 8.
"After talking with the team, I am proud to announce that for the four NYC area shows - the Jersey show, the Brooklyn show and two [Madison Square Garden shows], we are going to donate $1 to Hurricane Sandy relief," wrote Bieber on Facebook. "Thanks for helping us. #GIVEBACK."
The four New York shows will kick off on November 9 at the IZOD Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey, which will then be followed by a concert at Barclay's Center in Brooklyn on November 12. The Madison Square Garden shows are scheduled for November 28-29.
Bieber's show of support comes after several celebrities and music stars' outpouring of donations for various hurricane relief efforts. Just a day before, artist Lady GaGa also pledged $1 million to the American Red Cross relief effort.
Meanwhile, corporate giants Clear Channel Media, The Madison Square Garden Company and The Weinstein Company are also organizing their own fundraising concert for the benefit of Sandy victims. The show titled "12-12-12" promises to feature New York City's A-list artists and performers. It will be held on December 12, at Madison Square Garden in New York, and proceeds will be dispensed through the Robin Hood Relief Fund.
More Justin Bieber News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal