Adam Lambert to Host 'VH1 Divas' as Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and Jordin Sparks Set to Perform
The ultimate diva event of the year will get some testosterone into its system as pop rocker Adam Lambert is confirmed to host "VH1 Divas" on December 16. The show will also feature performances from Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Jordin Sparks, Ciara, and Kelly Rowland.
This is the "American Idol" alum's first appearance in the event and the singer is obviously very excited about his official hosting job. "I'm so thrilled to be hosting VH1 Divas this year," said Lambert in a statement. "I have a feeling it's going to be the most fabulous concert of the year! And LIVE!! Get ready for some amazing performances, killer fashion and fierce divas!"
The huge concert and fashion event will celebrate current and classic divas of dance music. Besides the expected impressive and grand performances on the show, the night will also pay tribute to artists Whitney Houston and Donna Summers for their contributions in the music industry. The two divas were frequent performers in the annual event where they appeared several times before their deaths early this year.
The show organizers are expected to announce more big name performers as the event's airing date nears. Like past productions of the concert, this year's show will again benefit VH1's Save the Music Foundation, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping keep music education alive in public schools. "VH1 Divas" will air live on Sunday, December 16 at 9/8c.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie