Adam Lambert to Host 'VH1 Divas' as Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and Jordin Sparks Set to Perform
The ultimate diva event of the year will get some testosterone into its system as pop rocker Adam Lambert is confirmed to host "VH1 Divas" on December 16. The show will also feature performances from Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato, Jordin Sparks, Ciara, and Kelly Rowland.
This is the "American Idol" alum's first appearance in the event and the singer is obviously very excited about his official hosting job. "I'm so thrilled to be hosting VH1 Divas this year," said Lambert in a statement. "I have a feeling it's going to be the most fabulous concert of the year! And LIVE!! Get ready for some amazing performances, killer fashion and fierce divas!"
The huge concert and fashion event will celebrate current and classic divas of dance music. Besides the expected impressive and grand performances on the show, the night will also pay tribute to artists Whitney Houston and Donna Summers for their contributions in the music industry. The two divas were frequent performers in the annual event where they appeared several times before their deaths early this year.
The show organizers are expected to announce more big name performers as the event's airing date nears. Like past productions of the concert, this year's show will again benefit VH1's Save the Music Foundation, which is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping keep music education alive in public schools. "VH1 Divas" will air live on Sunday, December 16 at 9/8c.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign