Rihanna Premieres Beautiful Visuals for 'Diamonds'
After releasing behind-the-scenes footage of her video shoot, R'n'B singing sensation Rihanna has premiered the official clip for "Diamonds" on Thursday, November 8. The video has a good mix of abstract and scenic images of the Barbadian beauty that are sure to make audience think.
"Diamonds" opens with foreboding shots of diamonds and Rihanna floating in a body of water. It then quickly shows flashes of the singer running and being chased by a mysterious pair of car headlights, images of fire, soldiers, and chaotic lights. These images then dissolve to RiRi's chic black-and-white song performance and beautiful widescreen shots of her in the middle of a deserted land with silhouette shots of black stallions.
Rihanna's frequent collaborator, Anthony Mandler, helmed the new clip, which seems to depict the R'n'B star amidst a world in disarray. The video does show more of Rihanna's black-and-white performance, but it also gets viewers thinking about the rather disconnected visuals.
The video premiere comes after RiRi's well-received performance at the Victoria's Secret 2012 Fashion Show where she sang "Diamonds" and another new song "Fresh Off the Runway".
The track is the lead single from Rihanna's upcoming seventh studio album, "Unapologetic", which is slated to hit stores on November 19. The album will include the track "Nobodies Business", her new duet with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown. It will also feature other artists such as Eminem, Future and Mikky Ekko.
More Rihanna News
- Ciara Hits Recording Studio
- Jason Momoa's 'Aquaman' Gets New Release Date
- Report: David and Victoria Beckham Are Separating
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie