Rihanna Premieres Beautiful Visuals for 'Diamonds'
After releasing behind-the-scenes footage of her video shoot, R'n'B singing sensation Rihanna has premiered the official clip for "Diamonds" on Thursday, November 8. The video has a good mix of abstract and scenic images of the Barbadian beauty that are sure to make audience think.
"Diamonds" opens with foreboding shots of diamonds and Rihanna floating in a body of water. It then quickly shows flashes of the singer running and being chased by a mysterious pair of car headlights, images of fire, soldiers, and chaotic lights. These images then dissolve to RiRi's chic black-and-white song performance and beautiful widescreen shots of her in the middle of a deserted land with silhouette shots of black stallions.
Rihanna's frequent collaborator, Anthony Mandler, helmed the new clip, which seems to depict the R'n'B star amidst a world in disarray. The video does show more of Rihanna's black-and-white performance, but it also gets viewers thinking about the rather disconnected visuals.
The video premiere comes after RiRi's well-received performance at the Victoria's Secret 2012 Fashion Show where she sang "Diamonds" and another new song "Fresh Off the Runway".
The track is the lead single from Rihanna's upcoming seventh studio album, "Unapologetic", which is slated to hit stores on November 19. The album will include the track "Nobodies Business", her new duet with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown. It will also feature other artists such as Eminem, Future and Mikky Ekko.
Rihanna's "Diamonds" Music Video
More Rihanna News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video