AMC Teams Up With Netflix to Resurrect 'The Killing'
"The Killing" might not be dead after all. AMC, which canceled the show back in July, is currently in talks with streaming giant Netflix to give the critically-acclaimed series another season, Deadline reports.
According to the site, the yet-to-be-finalized deal would be a result of producer Fox TV Studios' relentless effort to keep the show alive. Additionally, executive producer Veena Sud pitched a third season premise that pleased AMC.
If the deal is sealed, AMC will share all cost related to "The Killing" with Netflix. The new season will premiere on the cable network first before it moves to the Internet streaming media.
A casting issue isn't expected to occur since the lead actors, including Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, are under contract for a third season. The production is said to be slated to start in February 2013.
Based on Danish television series "Forbrydelsen", "The Killing" debuted strong in 2011 but the ratings dropped in the second season. When AMC announced the show's cancellation, Fox Television Studios said that it would "try to find another home for the show."
- Iggy Azalea and French Montana Are Pictured Kissing as a Source Confirms Their Relationship
- It's Official: 'Pretty Little Liars' to End With Season 7, 'Grimm' Canceled After 6 Seasons
- Red Band Trailer for 'Kevin Hart: What Now?' Sees Halle Berry as the Comedian's Bond Girl
- Watch Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj Ooze Sexiness in 'Side to Side' Video
- Is Kanye West Trying to Make Up With Taylor Swift With This Picture?
- Bella Thorne Rises to Stardom in Trailer for 'Famous in Love' From 'Pretty Little Liars' Creator
- Ben Affleck's Batman May Face Off Deathstroke in Solo Movie
- Justin Bieber Accidentally Reactivates Instagram Account