Shaun White Avoids Jail, Will Perform Community Service for Vandalism and Intoxication
Shaun White has settled a plea deal for public intoxication and vandalism charges. Susan Niland, the Nashville district attorney's spokeswoman, stated that the 26-year-old athlete agreed to undergo alcohol treatment, complete 24 hours of community service, and pay compensation to Loews Vanderbilt Hotel in Nashville, which suffered from loss after he wreaked havoc earlier this year.
On Wednesday, November 7, a Nashville judge signed off on an agreement between the prosecutors and Shaun's attorney, which at first excluded alcohol treatment provision. Both the prosecutors and the attorney agreed to come back to court on Thursday, November 8 to include the alcohol treatment provision in the agreement. Shaun has to return to court again on January 25, 2013 after completing his provision.
Shaun was arrested on Sunday, September 16 after the intoxicated skateboarder hit a fire alarm at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel and caused the guests to evacuate around 2 A.M. One of the hotel's employees said that the gold winner of 2012 Winter X Games XVI in Aspen, Colorado also destroyed their phone. The long-haired athlete kicked a man, fell, and accidentally banged his head against a fence, which finally led him to be hospitalized.
The action sports superstar later apologized on his Facebook, saying, "I want to apologize for the unwise choices I made over the weekend and for any inconvenience it caused my family, friends, business partners, the hotel and their guests." He then added, "I was celebrating a happy occasion with a ton of family and friends and got carried away. I'm truly sorry for my poor behavior."
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune
- 'Alita: Battle Angel' Casts 'Nashville' Actor in Key Role
- Daniel Radcliffe Reveals the Outrageous Advice Donald Trump Gave Him When They First Met
- Is Brad Pitt the Real Reason Selena Gomez Checks Into Rehab?
- Listen to Major Lazer and Showtek's New Collab 'Believer'
- Angelina Jolie Eyed for War Drama 'Shoot Like a Girl'
- 'Archer' Creator Plans Show's Ending After Season 10
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick