Sneak Peeks of Joe Biden's Guest Appearance on 'Parks and Recreation'
"Parks and Recreation" has scored another VIP to appear in its upcoming episode. After featuring sitting senators John McCain, Barbara Boxer and Olympia J. Snowe earlier this season, the show has apparently filmed in Washington D.C. last summer with Vice President Joe Bidden.
Though the shooting took place a few months ago, the scoop isn't unveiled until after the Presidential Election on November 6. Executive producer Michael Schur explained, "The hardest part was keeping it secret for so long because there's all these FEC rules and equal-time rules. We couldn't air it before the election because it was the equivalent of a campaign contribution to advertise for one candidate."
As for the process of landing Bidden, Schur said it was "so much less difficult than we ever possibly imagined." He continued sharing, "His staff really loves the show, and he apparently had watched the show with his family and his family liked it."
Bidden's appearance will be a part of Ben's surprise present to Leslie in a November 15 episode. Ben takes his fiancee to the Vice President's Ceremonial Office in the White House-adjacent Eisenhower Executive Office Building, where the veep has a meeting with his real-life staff.
There, "they have a conversation where she does what you would imagine Leslie Knope would do when meeting Joe Biden, which is she loses control of herself a little bit," Schur further dished on the encounter. "She gets really giggly and goofy around him."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier