Henry Cavill and Charlie Hunnam Among Stars Eyed to Lead David Yates' 'Tarzan'
Four Hollywood hotties are reportedly considered to bring world's most famous jungle man Tarzan to life in a new movie adaptation. Per Vulture, Warner Bros. Pictures has given a green light to "Harry Potter" helmer David Yates to direct "Tarzan" and the English filmmaker is said to have meetings with some fan-favorite hunky actors to tackle the iconic part.
Words are, Yates has set his eyes on "Man of Steel" actor Henry Cavill, "Pacific Rim" headliner Charlie Hunnam, as well as "True Blood" star Alexander Skarsgard. It is also said that he is keen to cast "The Dark Knight Rises" baddie Tom Hardy though it is unclear whether the Bane depicter is interested in taking the role.
No further details of the new "Tarzan" are revealed so far. The project itself has been in development for years with "Ocean's Eleven" producer Jerry Weintraub. Before Yates signs on as the helmer, it was Craig Brewer who was tapped to handle the job. This project will mark the second big screen adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs' classic tale after "John Carter of Mars".
Cavill will next be seen playing Superman in "Man of Steel" and hasn't been attached to a new project after that, while Hunnam will be seen in "Deadfall" in addition to sci-fi flick "Pacific Rim". As for Skarsgard, his upcoming projects include a thriller called "The East" and a horror titled "Hidden". Meanwhile, Hardy will next star in "Mad Max: Fury Road".
More The Legend of Tarzan News
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West