Henry Cavill and Charlie Hunnam Among Stars Eyed to Lead David Yates' 'Tarzan'
Four Hollywood hotties are reportedly considered to bring world's most famous jungle man Tarzan to life in a new movie adaptation. Per Vulture, Warner Bros. Pictures has given a green light to "Harry Potter" helmer David Yates to direct "Tarzan" and the English filmmaker is said to have meetings with some fan-favorite hunky actors to tackle the iconic part.
Words are, Yates has set his eyes on "Man of Steel" actor Henry Cavill, "Pacific Rim" headliner Charlie Hunnam, as well as "True Blood" star Alexander Skarsgard. It is also said that he is keen to cast "The Dark Knight Rises" baddie Tom Hardy though it is unclear whether the Bane depicter is interested in taking the role.
No further details of the new "Tarzan" are revealed so far. The project itself has been in development for years with "Ocean's Eleven" producer Jerry Weintraub. Before Yates signs on as the helmer, it was Craig Brewer who was tapped to handle the job. This project will mark the second big screen adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs' classic tale after "John Carter of Mars".
Cavill will next be seen playing Superman in "Man of Steel" and hasn't been attached to a new project after that, while Hunnam will be seen in "Deadfall" in addition to sci-fi flick "Pacific Rim". As for Skarsgard, his upcoming projects include a thriller called "The East" and a horror titled "Hidden". Meanwhile, Hardy will next star in "Mad Max: Fury Road".
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says