Henry Cavill and Charlie Hunnam Among Stars Eyed to Lead David Yates' 'Tarzan'
Four Hollywood hotties are reportedly considered to bring world's most famous jungle man Tarzan to life in a new movie adaptation. Per Vulture, Warner Bros. Pictures has given a green light to "Harry Potter" helmer David Yates to direct "Tarzan" and the English filmmaker is said to have meetings with some fan-favorite hunky actors to tackle the iconic part.
Words are, Yates has set his eyes on "Man of Steel" actor Henry Cavill, "Pacific Rim" headliner Charlie Hunnam, as well as "True Blood" star Alexander Skarsgard. It is also said that he is keen to cast "The Dark Knight Rises" baddie Tom Hardy though it is unclear whether the Bane depicter is interested in taking the role.
No further details of the new "Tarzan" are revealed so far. The project itself has been in development for years with "Ocean's Eleven" producer Jerry Weintraub. Before Yates signs on as the helmer, it was Craig Brewer who was tapped to handle the job. This project will mark the second big screen adaptation of Edgar Rice Burroughs' classic tale after "John Carter of Mars".
Cavill will next be seen playing Superman in "Man of Steel" and hasn't been attached to a new project after that, while Hunnam will be seen in "Deadfall" in addition to sci-fi flick "Pacific Rim". As for Skarsgard, his upcoming projects include a thriller called "The East" and a horror titled "Hidden". Meanwhile, Hardy will next star in "Mad Max: Fury Road".
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son