Jermaine Jackson Files Request to Change His Name to Jacksun for 'Artistic Reasons'
Jermaine Jackson is going to change his famous last name. The 57-year-old brother of the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, who made up The Jackson Five and later The Jacksons, has filed a legal petition in L.A. County Superior Court to alter his surname to Jacksun.
Jermaine cites "artistic reasons" as to why he wants to have a new name. A hearing is scheduled for February 22, 2013 in Los Angeles. He will be required to have his name change announced several times and printed in a local publication before he officially becomes a Jacksun.
Jermaine has no immediate comment when asked about the matter, but his friend Steve Dennis steps forward to speak on his behalf. Insisting that it's not a big deal since it's not unheard of for artists to change their names, Steve says as quoted by The Associated Press, "Phonetically, it changes nothing."
"It is something he has chosen to do, and it's fair to say that you cannot blame this one on the boogie, you've got to blame it on the sunshine," Steve continues, referring to the Jackson Five classic disco hit, "Blame It on the Boogie".
Jermaine recently hit the road with his brothers for a reunion tour. He's also promoting his book about his late superstar brother titled "You Are Not Alone".
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake