Jermaine Jackson Files Request to Change His Name to Jacksun for 'Artistic Reasons'
Jermaine Jackson is going to change his famous last name. The 57-year-old brother of the late King of Pop Michael Jackson, who made up The Jackson Five and later The Jacksons, has filed a legal petition in L.A. County Superior Court to alter his surname to Jacksun.
Jermaine cites "artistic reasons" as to why he wants to have a new name. A hearing is scheduled for February 22, 2013 in Los Angeles. He will be required to have his name change announced several times and printed in a local publication before he officially becomes a Jacksun.
Jermaine has no immediate comment when asked about the matter, but his friend Steve Dennis steps forward to speak on his behalf. Insisting that it's not a big deal since it's not unheard of for artists to change their names, Steve says as quoted by The Associated Press, "Phonetically, it changes nothing."
"It is something he has chosen to do, and it's fair to say that you cannot blame this one on the boogie, you've got to blame it on the sunshine," Steve continues, referring to the Jackson Five classic disco hit, "Blame It on the Boogie".
Jermaine recently hit the road with his brothers for a reunion tour. He's also promoting his book about his late superstar brother titled "You Are Not Alone".
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture