Jennifer Hudson and Seal to Perform at 2012 Nobel Peace Prize Concert
Grammy Award-winning singers, Jennifer Hudson and Seal, will top bill at this year's Nobel Peace Prize concert which is set to take place at Oslo's Spektrum Arena on December 11. They will join other local Norwegian acts such as rap group Karpe Diem, singer Susanne Sundfor and Iranian-born Swedish singer-songwriter Laleh as performers during the concert's 19th year run.
The event, which traditionally takes place a day after the prestigious award is handed to the winner, hopes to promote peace and celebrate the extraordinary people and organizations that receive the much-respected prize. For this year, the Nobel Peace Prize Committee will present the award to the collective European Union "for having over six decades contributed to the advancement of peace and reconciliation, democracy and human rights in Europe."
"We're excited to bring together these phenomenal artists for a memorable 2012 Nobel Peace Prize Concert," secretary of the Norwegian Nobel Committee, Geir Lundestad said. "Through music, they will help celebrate and promote peace, informing audiences of the extraordinary contributions of the Nobel laureate," the secretary added.
The Nobel Peace Prize is the world's most prestigious award honoring individuals and groups who exemplify leadership and promote peace in the world. Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Mikhail Gorbachev, Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Barack Obama, Kofi Annan, and Al Gore have been some of the recipients of the distinguished award.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors
- Doug Liman Leaves 'Justice League Dark', 'It' Director Andres Muschietti May Take Over the Project
- Kim Kardashian Tries to Save Marriage to Kanye West for the Sake of Fame