Taylor Swift's 'Red' Stays on Top of Billboard 200
After breaking record sales last week, Taylor Swift's newest album "Red" still stays atop the Billboard 200 chart in its second week as it pulls in sales of 344,000 more copies. The number adds to the album's already impressive selling number of 1.208 million copies, which is the largest sales for an album in its debut week since 2002.
"Red" also becomes the second-biggest selling record of the year with 1.553 million sold so far and pushes One Direction's "Up All Night" to third spot with 1.331 million in total sales. Still ruling as 2012's biggest seller, however, is Adele's "21" with 4.132 million.
Following Swift's chart topper is rapper Meek Mill's debut set "Dreams and Nightmares" which reels in approximately 165,000 in sales while another hip hop star, Kendrick Lamar, occupies the fifth spot also with his debut album "good kid, m.A.A.d city" which sells 63,000 copies.
The third place goes to Rod Stewart with "Merry Christmas, Baby" which has 88,000 copies sold and the other spot on the top 5 belongs to Jason Aldean's "Night Train" with 71,000 in sales.
Country musicians hold the 6th and 7th ranks with country king Toby Keith's "Hope on the Rocks" selling 48,000 records and Mumford & Sons's "Babel" hitting 44,000 this week.
"Psychedelic Pill", the second top-10 set this year from artist Neil Young & Crazy Horses, gets in at No.8 with 34,000 records sold while the "Dreams of Fireflies (On a Christmas Night)" from Trans-Siberian Orchestra lands at No.9 with 32,000.
Claiming the last spot of the top 10 is Little Big Town's "Tornado" as it whirls in 29,000 copies. The album pulls in more sales with the group's recent appearance and single of the year win at the CMT Awards.
- Taylor Swift - "Red" (344,000)
- Meek Mill - "Dreams and Nightmares" (165,000)
- Rod Stewart - "Merry Christmas, Baby" (88,000)
- Jason Aldean - "Night Train" (71,000)
- Kendrick Lamar - "good kid, m.A.A.d city" (63,000)
- Toby Keith - "Hope on the Rocks" (48,000)
- Mumford & Sons - "Babel" (44,000)
- Neil Young & Crazy Horses - "Psychedelic Pill" (34,000)
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra - "Dreams of Fireflies (On a Christmas Night) EP" (32,000)
- Little Big Town - "Tornado" (29,000)
More Taylor Swift News
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- 'Deadpool 2': Find Out Details of Tim Miller's Disagreements With Ryan Reynolds That Led to His Exit
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated