'Burn Notice' Gets Shorter Season 7, Jeffrey Donovan Says It Could Be the Last
Long-running series "Burn Notice" will stay on USA Network for another season. The cable network has ordered 13 episodes for a seventh season of the Jeffrey Donovan-starring show, bringing the action drama show to 100 episodes in total.
"Burn Notice is like a fine wine that gets better with age," USA Network co-presidents Chris McCumber and Jeff Wachtel say in a statement when announcing the renewal. "Delivering high-octane action, gripping drama and nearly 7 million viewers for the mid-season finale, this veteran series is a proven staple of our portfolio."
In the last three seasons, "Burn Notice" got 13-episode orders. The smaller size of pick-up raises a question whether the seventh season will be the last for the veteran series, but a spokesperson for the cable network says there's "no expectation" of the show's end in the foreseeable future.
In contrary, lead actor Donovan said during a recent conference call, "I think probably season 7 will be our final season, and it will probably come down to those two people probably in some devastating fashion."
On what would be addressed in the upcoming chapter, the Michael Westen depicter shared that the story would see "where Michael will go once he [makes] probably one of the worst decisions he's ever made" in the sixth season finale.
"There's a huge event that happens between Michael and Fiona that will propel Season 7," he went on teasing, "which, if all goes as planned, will be a very different kind of 'Burn Notice' because of the trajectory, but no less dangerous for Michael."
"Burn Notice" will return with second half of the current sixth season on Thursday, November 8 at 9 P.M.
- New 'Jumanji' Movie Will Center on Video Game Instead of Magical Board Game
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single Featuring Pharrell, Ariana Grande and Young Thug
- New Boyfriend? Ellie Goulding Spotted Getting Cozy With Athlete Caspar Jopling
- 'The Flash' 3.19 Preview: Meet Future Barry Allen
- Natalie Portman Will Portray Bull Rider in 'Bronco Belle'
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon