Mom Denies Claim She Abused 'Modern Family' Star Ariel Winter
Ariel Winter's mom Chrisoula Workman denies any wrongdoings in response to allegations that she physically and emotionally abused her 14-year-old actress daughter. "It's all untrue, it's all untrue," the mother tells PEOPLE.
"I have my doctor's letter that my daughter's never been abused," Chris continues. "I have stylists' letters that she's never been abused." She's in the middle of hiring a lawyer to fight back the claim in a hearing set for November 20.
Ariel is removed from the house she shared with her mom. The actress, who plays Alex Dunphy, the snarky middle child of Claire and Phil on "Modern Family", has temporarily been placed in the care of her older sister Shanelle Gray since October 3.
Initial report by National Enquirer suggested Ariel was seeking legal emancipation from her mom to be with her boyfriend, 17-year-old actor Cameron Palatas, but the rumor was quickly debunked by sources close to the young actress.
According to court papers, Ariel was slapped, hit and pushed by Chris. She also suffered abuses in the form of "vile name calling, personal insults about [her and her weight], attempts to 'sexualize' minor, deprivation of food, etc. for an extended period of time."
Shanelle is looking to become Ariel's permanent guardian and to be in charge of her estimated $500,000 estate. The older sister additionally claims that Ariel's father Glenn, whom she's allegedly estranged from, is incapable of properly taking care of her.
Shanelle herself reportedly moved out of the family's house years ago. TMZ reported that the sister, who's an adult now, had lived in the foster care for two years and never returned home because of similar parental abuse allegations.
Chris is ordered to stay 100 yards away from Ariel until the upcoming hearing. She also might lose her privilege to receive her daughter's paychecks as Shanelle requests the money be sent to a new bank account to which she has no access.
More Ariel Winter News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March