Arnold Schwarzenegger Is More Badass in 'The Last Stand' Final Trailer
More high-octane scenes are exposed in the newly-released final trailer for "The Last Stand". In it, Arnold Schwarzenegger is featured going all-out to fight a smart criminal despite the fact that he's just an old sheriff. "How are you sheriff?" ask a man, to which Arnie answers, "Old," as he gets knocked down to the floor at one point.
After leaving his LAPD narcotics post following a bungled operation that left him wracked with remorse and regret, Arnie's Sheriff Ray Owens moved out of Los Angeles and settled into a life fighting what little crime takes place in sleepy border town Sommerton Junction.
But that peaceful existence is shattered when Gabriel Cortez (Eduardo Noriega), the most wanted drug kingpin in the western hemisphere, makes a deadly yet spectacular escape from an FBI prisoner convoy. With the help of a fierce band of lawless mercenaries led by the icy Burrell (Peter Stormare), Cortez begins racing towards the US-Mexico border at 250 mph in a specially-outfitted Corvette ZR1 with a hostage in tow.
Arnie recently spoke to Collider from the set of the actioner, dishing on a possible sequel for the movie should it prove successful. "I don't know what the story would be. What concept do you take? Am I still back in my town and something else happens? Certain movies are not set up for that, but that doesn't mean you couldn't do it. I, myself, could not come up with the concept right now," he said of his idea for the possible plot.
"Another writer could come in. For instance, the FBI agent (Forest Whitaker) says to me at the end, 'I was wrong. I was an a**hole. You're a great law enforcement guy. You're a great cop. If you ever want to join us...' or something like that," he added.
"There may be something there where the character joins the FBI and takes his next job or they lure him more away, knowing that they have some other case somewhere and they think that this guy is really much better in the trenches than their guys are. At this point, I can't imagine what that would be."
"The Last Stand" will be released Stateside on January 18, 2013.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story