Mariah Carey Releases New Victory Song for President Obama
Mariah Carey rejoices at Barack Obama's victory at the re-election by releasing a new song "Bring It on Home". The song had actually been performed by Carey at a fundraiser for Obama's campaign last summer but the recorded version has just been unveiled.
"Bring It on Home" is a self-penned song which Carey worked on with producer Jermaine Dupri. "New Mariah Carey song, she specifically wrote for Obama, btw this is the real version," Dupri tweeted. It is yet known whether the song will be released commercially.
Carey also tweeted her joy in witnessing Obama taking the second term. "Congratulations to our beloved President Barack Obama, our spectacular First Lady Michelle Obama & the adorable Malia & Sasha," she wrote. "We love you! Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for the evidence of things unseen! HEBREWS:11 INCREDIBLE SPEECH!!!!!! Watching in a room full of diverse people-all truly moved. Thank you America for President Obama-4more yrs."
Carey is not the only one releasing a "victory" song for Obama. Black Eyed Peas' will.i.am., who has been a loyal supporter of Obama since the first election, announced on Twitter, "In 2008 I wrote 'its a new day' 1week before @BarackObama won...and last week I wrote another victory song...it will be out in 1week."
More Mariah Carey News
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back on After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone to Leave 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off
- Bella Hadid Set to Make Her Victoria's Secret Debut, Gigi Hadid Confirmed to Return
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image