Diane Sawyer's Election Coverage Criticized on Twitterverse
Barack Obama won the re-election on Tuesday, November 6 night but it was the coverage from Diane Sawyer that became a popular subject to discuss on Twitter. The social media was abuzz on her seemingly odd conduct which included slurred speech and outstretched arm movements.
Sawyer also called Obama by his first name at one point. "OK. I wanna - can we have our music, because this is another big one here? Minnesota, we're ready to project Minnesota, rrright now. ...Well, tonight we know that President Barack has won Minnesota," she said.
Commenting on Sawyer's deviation from straight-news-delivering style, Twitter users suspected that the veteran anchor was either "a bit tipsy," ''hammered" or "on pain killers, muscle relaxers, benzos or some combination", the AP reported. Some political junkies joked whether motto of the night was "four more beers" instead of "four more years". A new Twitter account called Drunk Diane Sawyer immediately got more than a thousand followers.
Some of the jeers even came from celebrities as well. "I'll have what Diane Sawyer is having," singer Josh Groban tweeted. TV host Andy Cohen wrote, "I swear everyone on abc seems a little bit wasted. Is it me??" Meanwhile alternative band They Might Be Giants tweeted, "And Diane Sawyer declares tonight's winner is... chardonnay!"
ABC has not given their comment.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift