Skrillex Unveils 'Breakn' a Sweat' Video Featuring The Doors
Music producer and DJ Skrillex has premiered a video for his new club mix "Breakn' a Sweat". The killer synthetic beats and electronic mix also features legendary rock band The Doors amidst the heavy electronic production.
Doors members Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger originally recorded the track for a documentary called "RE:GENERATION". The documentary film put together five DJs/producers to work with artists from five separate genres. Skrillex happened to take on the song and sampled it during one of his shows at Club Glow in Washington, D.C. where it got rave reactions from the audience.
Manzarek commented that "Breakn' a Sweat" sounded great and that all the band members had an immediate connection with the Dubstep DJ and they just had an awesome time at the studio recording the song.
"Breakn' a Sweat" starts out as a bit tame when compared to Skrillex's signature monster beats, but then as the track progresses, the heavy scratches and synthesizers become more prominent but without drowning out the distinct sound of The Doors. It also presents heavy samples of dubstep, progressive house and electro house.
Doors' vocalist Jim Morrison has said before that he could "envision one person with a lot of machines, tapes and electronics singing or speaking using machines." It only seems fitting that that someone would be Skrillex, who also included the original 1960 voice recording of Morrison's interview towards the end of the track.
More Skrillex News
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says