Skrillex Unveils 'Breakn' a Sweat' Video Featuring The Doors
Music producer and DJ Skrillex has premiered a video for his new club mix "Breakn' a Sweat". The killer synthetic beats and electronic mix also features legendary rock band The Doors amidst the heavy electronic production.
Doors members Ray Manzarek, John Densmore and Robby Krieger originally recorded the track for a documentary called "RE:GENERATION". The documentary film put together five DJs/producers to work with artists from five separate genres. Skrillex happened to take on the song and sampled it during one of his shows at Club Glow in Washington, D.C. where it got rave reactions from the audience.
Manzarek commented that "Breakn' a Sweat" sounded great and that all the band members had an immediate connection with the Dubstep DJ and they just had an awesome time at the studio recording the song.
"Breakn' a Sweat" starts out as a bit tame when compared to Skrillex's signature monster beats, but then as the track progresses, the heavy scratches and synthesizers become more prominent but without drowning out the distinct sound of The Doors. It also presents heavy samples of dubstep, progressive house and electro house.
Doors' vocalist Jim Morrison has said before that he could "envision one person with a lot of machines, tapes and electronics singing or speaking using machines." It only seems fitting that that someone would be Skrillex, who also included the original 1960 voice recording of Morrison's interview towards the end of the track.
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip